Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

On 2008-01-10 16:06, bahk wrote:
    On 2008-01-10 16:02, Silver_Wyrm wrote:
    On 2008-01-10 14:14, Gunslinger-08 wrote:
    as far as I know, they haven't, which is probably due to the lackluster review they gave v1, and the resulting disinterest.
    which was a result of the terrible amount of content released at v1's launch >.> I still dont know why sega purposefully started it so weak
    Sega likes shooting itself in the foot. Why else would they keep making 3d Sonic games?
    this unlock system used to really bother me but doesnt anymore, since there is enough to call it a full game now. I hunt for the rares now, they are good now, then they get more common but new shiny rares come, and you've got a head start on good weapons to helpy ou search for those. But the launch was terrible. not enough to call it a real game and *so* many people left due to it not to mention lack of even A rank missions, advanced types, any weps above B etc. alot of people quit and never looked back, and bad reviews turned many away... I really wish they ahd released smarter >_< because now that i came back after aoi Im having a blast and it feel slike a full game
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

On 2008-01-10 16:02, SubstanceD wrote:
    Now that you mention it, I haven't come across any review for PSU AOI either. Maybe no-one is reviewing it because it is viewed as an expansion ( ie- updated content ) instead of a new game.
    I doubt that because EGM has reviewed Treasures of Aht Urgan and Wings of the Goddess and those are both FFXI expansions. Though I admit they had a very small write-up for WotG but at least they acknowledged it's existence. I honestly would have settled for that but AotI didn't even get that kind of treatment.

Also, AotI isn't like most expansions in that it IS a stand-alone game. You don't need the original PSU to play it unlike other expansions. It's more like an expansion and a sequel rather than a traditional MMO expansion pack. So I believe it would have qualified as a game to be reviewed.
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

Hidden power with Emerald Star DraginHikari's Avatar

The winter season has too many other games that had higher priority on the list.

On 2008-01-10 16:29, DraginHikari wrote:
    The winter season has too many other games that had higher priority on the list.
    Maybe so but even the lower priority games usually get SOME sort of write-up or review. Even if it's a small block in the corner of the page.

It just seems like this game hasn't been able to catch any breaks in boosting it's popularity. Though ST is to blame for most of it, I'll admit. Had the game had more unlocked content at the beginning, things might have been much different than they are now. This game honestly has a lot going for it now but it's just been poorly marketed and managed for the most part.

I'm really glad ST is giving us all these events, rewards, and incentive to play though despite the poor reception (At least on PC/PS2). None of it may be perfect but at least they're trying which is a lot more than I can say for the original PSO which to this day is still held in higher regard than PSU by some.

Edit: Just read the review on Games Radar. I'm glad SOMEONE reviewed it. It wasn't as stellar a write-up as I had hoped but the points brought up about the small community and being too little, too late are all true unfortunately.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-01-10 16:56 ]</font>
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

many who were turned off PSU initially, it might be too little, too late.
    that seems to be the main issue here
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

Xbox world 360 gave it 4/5. It was a short review in the online section of issue 61. A few quotes:

"The best possible reason to jump into 360s best online RPG - but you'll need to put in the hours"

"You simply can't play PSU without it, and if you're not playing it already, Illuminus is your reason to jump on board and have a bash. PSU is finally the game it always deserved to be"

It seems they quite like it! That review was the reason I got the expansion and came back. Good job I hadn't cancelled my subscription.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: goaferboy on 2008-01-10 18:38 ]</font>
    God damn I hate the internet.

PSU does not have a public image. It doesn't exist outside the world of a few thousand people and no review will ever change that.
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

On 2008-01-10 19:37, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
    PSU does not have a public image. It doesn't exist outside the world of a few thousand people and no review will ever change that.
    The truth, as much most people here don't want to admit it.

AKA the Unbelievable Batmobile UnderscoreX's Avatar

So Ninjabread Man exists in the hearts and souls of people everywhere or something ? The popularity of a game has nothing to do with it, more the fact that it's an online expansion. PSU scored an incredible average of around 6.0 anyways so i don't see why anyone would be looking forward to it.
    My better is better than your better.