Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Illusnst Extraordinaire

Fact is, reviews are bought and paid for by advertising revenue. The absurd thing about most magazines and websites is that they very games they're reviewing are made by the same people who pay for all the advertising--and thus, indirectly, sign their paychecks.

Which is why the big budget, well advertised games get all the press. It's a racket.

PSU deserves far better treatment than it will ever receive, but because Sega's advertising budget is nonexistent, review sites and magazines don't care because there's no money in it. Sure, a few individual reviewers might, but they're well in the minority.
    "We. fight. for. TWO-MAR-ROW! It is a battle UH-GANZST TyyyyMEEEEE!!!"

On 2008-01-10 19:37, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
    PSU does not have a public image. It doesn't exist outside the world of a few thousand people and no review will ever change that.
    That's true and I'm not going to deny that. I'm not even asking for it to have the coverage or spotlight of your big-hit titles. That's unrealistic considering PSU is a good game but it's not earth shattering or big budget. All I'm asking for is a little bit of recognition and publicity. Even your average games get that most of the time. AotI deserved no less.

I'm glad to see it got some reviews on the internet but it would've been a little nicer had they been in some magazine publications. Even if it's a game you're not interested in, you'll tend to read about it as you're flipping through the pages. If you don't, I'm sure someone out there will have.

I'm not asking or expect PSU to be huge or be on the same scale as most other online games. But damn, it deserves more than this. That's all I'm saying really. And I think had it been a bit more publicized, it would have helped. It wouldn't have been huge, but...it would have helped some. That's better than nothing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mikura on 2008-01-10 22:25 ]</font>
    PSO2
    Mikura: Female Human - Hunter 40/Ranger 29
    Lilith: Female Newman - Force 4
    Ship 2: Block 42

Personal blog: http://theslackerslounge.blogspot.com/

I wished that some companies like IGN or Kotaku did a rewiew of AOI. I mean Version 1 did get the score that it deserved, AOI is a major improvement on the game. If AOI was to be reviewed like v1 was, then we might have a little more people playing the game.

The other side of reviewing a MMORPG, the games will always have improving qualities to them, thus a game would require a yearly rewiew, in order to properly show the game's quality as a whole.

If such a system was true, then PSU AOI - Year of 2009 would get a rewiew of 8.0 or something. My reasoning for this is: The sheer improvement from the abysmal PSU v1, new Attack System and classes, newer ways to play, some bugs being fixed and a much better storyline. It would still be only a 8.0 (max rating) due to the obvious flaws.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.

Glad to see I'm not the only one who thought the original PSU was an abomination.

They really should have advertised it (the expansion) more.
    Phantasy Star Zero; bringing my favourite game to my favourite console.

Kotaku? LOL

Games journalism.. an even bigger LOL.

"I'm gonna give it, duurrrr, seven soaring cocks out of fifteen, durrr."

Tiyr pretty much nailed it.