Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I personally think the voice chat will ruin the charm of the game.

Right now using the text messages lends some to the RPG immersion quality of the game. PS purists say they dont like PSO as PSO players are only interested in leveling, and rares....

I think Voice Chat, and the mentality of Live players who think MechAssualt is Ras will really detract from the PS universe immersion factor.

Thoughts?

Unless the XBOX version has like EPIII or something included, ill be sticking with the GC PSO. The only games I like on XBOX right now anyway are Genma Onimusha, GUN V, Silent Hill2, Metal Gear Solid 2, JSRF, and soon Panzer Dragoon ORTA. XBOX needs more japaneese games, as their current Live service games remind me of a bad Unreal Tourney experience on the PC.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: abrader on 2003-01-13 10:29 ]</font>

In Xbox version, it won't be as funny to say "PWNED@@@" when someone dies in Ultimate Seabed. Typos are part of PSO, damnit.

On 2003-01-13 11:43, SkyHawkX wrote:
    In Xbox version, it won't be as funny to say "PWNED@@@" when someone dies in Ultimate Seabed. Typos are part of PSO, damnit.
    Agreed. I am an old skool Phantasy Star guy. Any PS game needs to have text based communication. A massive HUcast wont be nearly as intimidating with a 10 yr old kid voice talking about how he "ownz in Ghost Recon"

Well you seem to forget that there will be a keyboard, and it won't be $80+ to get one either heck you can use the keyboard on your computer after you plug the USB adapter in. If you don't like voice chat don't use it simple as that. Chances are half will use a keyboard while the other half will go with voice chat it just depends on what you like. I'd say give it a chance, however this is your decision. Hope you go with the Box PSO. : )

ninja commando from hell

I for one can care less, use a keyboard or no. If you hate vioce chat then let me introduce you to mr. mute button. Just don't expect them to remove voice chat entirely because people say its gonna suck. If they say its coming, embrace it or shun it, its still coming.

It would be funny though to be in a high lvl game and that lvl 130 HUcast happens to day "Can I see that?" in a 10 yr old voice LOL.

Skilled Fighter

Actually, the reviews from the Beta Test in Japan are overwhelmingly positive. There is narry a complaint about voice chat.

And, really, what the hell is a "PS Purist"? I've been playing PS games for a decade now, and I certainly don't care how communication is carried out in the newest installment in the series.

Good job Nibbles! Now bite through my balls sack!

MY GOD PEOPLE U R MISSING THE POINT! NO ONE WILL USE SMILIES ANY MORE!!!!!

On 2003-01-13 14:51, FH_PhoenixFlame wrote:
    MY GOD PEOPLE U R MISSING THE POINT! NO ONE WILL USE SMILIES ANY MORE!!!!!
    Don't let being normal trick you there's people I hear that say "hehe" and "wheeeee" and such in real life.

Its gonna be great when the ten year old plays with some older kids.

Poor kid's gonna be scarred for life.