Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PSU PS2 vs PC

I won the Nobel prize for texting while on duty Ithildin's Avatar

I didn't disagree with you in the first place I was juist pointing out fact. I agreed with your point about the PS2s comfort zone. Hope this helps
    Click On Banner

Versatile but Indecisive Alizarin's Avatar

I main's a primary teching class on the PS2 ... oops.

Anyway, if you are capable of getting a good PC, do it. I would only recommend the PS2 if you 'had' to settle for the cheapest option available.

I think it's definitely an alternative to playing the game that works. There's some item / weapon lagging, but I prefer it over PC PSU. Most of my reasoning has to do with comfort and not liking to sit at a desk for too long, so it just depends what your preference is. I don't think you'll be too set back either way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Lorelei on 2008-02-03 10:13 ]</font>

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

ST seems to have no fucking clue how to work within a console's limitations. As such, the PS2 version performs poorly under pressure. It's a shame they couldn't do something like allow for the exclusion for many of the useless environment effects (like all that shit floating around in RELICS sites) and dragonflies on Moatoob, which often came up as squares for a few seconds during Firebreak! Environments aside, there's still too much useless shit like COLOR EFFECTS WHEN USING MELEE SKILLS! It's melee, not magic, so why all the damn colors? I dunno how much difference would have been made if they got rid of that shit, but in the case of a game that's going past the limits of the console for which it was intended, every little bit helps! The weapon load times make certain gameplay aspects a bigger pain in the ass than they should have been. PS2 users actually RUN SLOWER THAN PEOPLE ON A GOOD PC in game when there's lots of slowdown. Also, the PC version gets the nifty ability to take screenshots. It also doesn't have those horrible new voices that were given to the PS2 version (bug?).

If your PC can handle it, that's a much better choice performance-wise...that's not counting other factors like availability of a decent controller or comfort, or just the circumstances in which you live.

Blue Burst/Zero FTW!

If you're getting a new PC soon anyways, I'd definately go with that. You'll find that it's infinitely better than the PS2 version.

The game isn't that expensive, and you can play the same account with either a PC or a PS2... so grab a copy of AoTI for your PS2, and then grab a copy of AoTI for your PC when you get it and use the same login? I mean how much extra would it cost to get two copies of the game anyway, like $70 all up or something?

My 2 haxeta.

Oh, unless you're planning on buying a 360 sometime in the future

Russia's Greatest Love Machine Rasputin's Avatar

PC.

I play on PS2, and I can say that I wish I had a decent PC to play it on =/
    If you want you can get it for ps2 now (unless you don't have a PS2) and just save up for a better PC?

I've got both versions but I prefer the PS2 version. While it's nice to be able to load weapons instantaneously on the PC version, load into bosses quickly, have less slowdown in crowded areas or in a large party and the ability to take screenshots or make a video, the PS2 version is much simpler, much more casual.

Simply put, if you just want to play a game, the PS2 version is, suffice to say, adequate for this purpose. Loading times can be resolved by taking a little time out to cycle through your weapons at the beginning of each block and boss fight, using the same weapons and this even works for traps as well. If you want to play this game aggressively, want to spend as little "downtime" as possible, you'll need a PC. The more powerful your PC is, the more aggressively you're able to play this game.

Possibly the biggest difference you'll encounter on the PC version is Frame Skip 0. With this on, your PAs fly further, your bullets have longer reach and your TECHNICs have a slightly wider range. The differences are minimal in the expansion but were most notable with Dus Majillion, Anga Dugrega and Anga Jabroga on PSU Vanilla.

If you have a nice enough computer to play on frame skip 0 (60 frames per second), you will never want to go back to PS2. I remember when I installed PSU on my new comp and I was blown away by how beautiful PSU looked and ran on highest settings. When I went back on PS2 I immediately made up my mind on which one is better.

On top of it all, you have conveniences such as being to browse the net, use Ventrilo, use AIM/MSN/etc., play music, watch movies while leveling PA's, load more characters on screen. All of that on just one screen. It doesn't end there, but those are some winning points for me.

The only folly is that PSU wasn't exactly coded well and you need a semi-decent comp to run it well enough.

EDIT: Forgot to mention the ability to take screenshots :3

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SylviaEspada on 2008-02-03 16:53 ]</font>