Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Are you guys using regular 360s? Havent heard any problems regarding to using 360 Elites.

well when running around you cause hardly any net traffic at all, howe3ver when you start a mission then net traffic rockets due to the consistent update on player location and the damage done etc being updated. do you have anything else at all connected to the net wile you are playing?

Chaos Bringer Destroyer D1ABOLIK's Avatar

On 2008-02-07 05:41, Lineek wrote:
    well when running around you cause hardly any net traffic at all, howe3ver when you start a mission then net traffic rockets due to the consistent update on player location and the damage done etc being updated. do you have anything else at all connected to the net wile you are playing?
    It would do it offline also. Once it started freezing it would show the frozen image of PSU, with a checkered pattern over it. Is that how yours happened Crokar?? Mine was on original 360. But now i got an Elite. Games run fine except i cant play downloads offline. Stupid MS DRM policies.

I've gotten the checkered box problem on previous RROD's. Once you get the mashed screen, it's a given you're on your way to brickville. I play on a regular 360 presently, for the person that asked. And as far as i know, the disconnect thing is still going on when i went on last night i got the boot.

2 down, 1 to go!

I made a topic for this around a week ago. I had the same problem. i dont know why, but lately, it hasn't happened. I just stopped playing for an hour a so, and it worked fine, but i also think that the cache clearing thing helps too
    Stryke Force is watching. Always.

my friend has been getting the maintenance msg too. he said DC from XBL and reconnect then start up PSU it usually goes away. BUT it sounds like thats just part of the problem, he also had the trouble with sudden slowdown and flash DC issues until one day during a sakura blast run he got the RROD for the 3rd time. he couldnt do anything and it was sent back to MS......... AGAIN.

sry to be a bearer of RROD prophecies but it also happened to me just as the xmas events started....... i bought an arcade system while XB was at MS service center.

but to ANYONE on 360 clear the cache EVERY TIME you play, it speeds the game up sooooo much
    XBOX360 GT: B2 BASSMAN
    FROBOT in disguise: cast forte/master gunner transer thighmaster
    Jaguar: acro fighter/FIgunner
    Dharlethi: fortetecher
    Fuzzy Peach: fortefighter

hey dont worry about it man my friend got it recently 1 hr ago, with the exact same message as he told me in a chat invite (im on 360) ive been lagging during missions but i never got dc and it will probably clear up soon

ITT People who don't know the difference between lag and slowdown.

OP is talking about lag

My thoughts? It's probably your ISP.
    I still never got that autographed tumbler you promised me years ago PSO-World.

My internet connection is perfect on every other game i play over live. I play call of duty regularly, as well as go on the internet on my laptop using the same cable. So it's not my ISP. I recently bought a new ethernet cord because the one i was using was like 4 years old and i figured it needed to be replaced anyway. I then found myself a new copy of psu for about 15 bucks on amazon because the one i was using had a few scratches around the outer ring, and i'd been getting DDE's a lot more frequently. So that being said, with a brand spanking new ethernet cord, brand new psu disc, and an ISP that works perfectly for every other game on live as well as my PC, i turned on my xbox, cleared the cache just for good measure, and started psu up for the first time with an optimistic outlook, only to be disappointed by the lag spike i received 2 minutes into my first mission. So i'm out of options ladies and gentleman. Psu has decided 2 weeks ago that it was just going to stop working after a year and some weeks of perfect lag free play. I feel like i'm going to be stuck here in random disconnect limbo forever.

that crazy guy yelling at a wall

dont worry about the lag.. i dont.. i only lag out when my moher uses her laptop in her room where the router is..