Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've been a huge fan of this site since PSO, and finally decided to make an account, since I wanna start PSU.

On to the question, though. I played PSU very briefly on the PS2, because a friend was away for a weekend. Now, since it's out for 360, I wanna get into full time. I bought it online and it'll be here within a week, but I have a few questions.

1-I am a fan of teching, but protranser looks really
    appealing. Would it be hard for a newbie like me to
    use one?

2-I don't quite get the special type unlocking...does
    it mean gain that many levels as that type, or
    actually LEVEL that type?

3-Are there any special things that aren't apparent
    at the beginning, like special tricks or anything?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer my questions!
    Xbox 360 gamertag- thegr33n1

Master of the blue rose chaostroop3's Avatar

imade a char a fortetecher (baicly pure mage) the 1st day i made her so it isent hard really

it means level that class up . after each missonyou get misson points with go towrd that class

just party with a frind i geuss
    Feed Me!
    No Feed Me! www.pokeplushies.com
    Xiorath F newman level 130 20 Fortetecher
    Okatsunami F CAST level 62 10 PT/1 FF
    Gt:Chaostroop Send me a friend request!

Protransers are extremely underpowered until higher levels. You'd have a rough go of it.

The real power of a protranser is the ex traps. You will find it very useful in the mission. (Money really can solve problems......)

I had been a fortetecher when it was available. I think that you have to spend really a lot of time for training every techniques. Just don't give up and you will enjoy the power of technique afterwards.

-----

I recommend a newman FT / a cast PT

Well, it doesn't look like the Xbox 360 is going to get any updates for weeks or months, so I'm sure you'll love getting to level 120 in a week. After that you can level your techs and max every job on one character. Oooohhhhh boy.
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

low level protransers don't seem so low when you have 30 ex traps on you. i'd recommend that for your SECOND character. Techers are probably harder to be effective with for a new player. Melee characters are easiest to deal damage with, but IMO...

easiest character to start with is a gunner type. you only have to buy each weapon ONCE, you can kill things from a distance, and your PM will be cheap and easy to level.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

On 2008-02-06 00:18, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
    Well, it doesn't look like the Xbox 360 is going to get any updates for weeks or months, so I'm sure you'll love getting to level 120 in a week. After that you can level your techs and max every job on one character. Oooohhhhh boy.
    it hasn't even been a single week and your already saying for months? >.>
    Currently playing pso2

Ship 2
    ID: MrSmiley
    Character: Lavis, HuMarl

So far, it's been a bad week. Some people are a bit, discouraged.

Yo, mad support...drink a quart then bamboo Itchee's Avatar

Because they:

A) Have nothing else better to do than get bent outta shape over PSU or
    B) Lack patience.
    Itchee: PSP2 - RAcast

Hey, i like being out of shape ^_^

Anyways to answer your questions one by one (im bored in school your lucky)

1) Being a protranser is a very effective class once it is lvled up, when you start off your will take a very huge HP cut and will be extreamly week, this is why most starting off protransers use the ranged weapons/ traps at first (bows) but on the other hand, i have just recently made a techer and let me tell you its one fun class, its fun having a hugh selection of spells to have fun with and being one of the more powerful class's

2) Your "special type unlocking" is not as hard as it sounds. For expample if you pick a force, you have to lvl your force to 10 before you can become a foretecher. In order to lvl these class's up you must complete missions. Upon completing missions you get Mission Points that are used to JUST lvl up your class, not your char. Killing every monster in the map will grant you an S rank, which in term is more mission points. But miss a room you might end up with an A rank, less mission points. Your class you want to be required a job to be at a certain lvl, for example to be an arcotecher (a different kind of techer) you need to have your Force lvl at 8 and your ranger lvl at 5 (i think dont take me for granet on that one)

3) The only thing i can think of that would not be at the beggining of the game is special spells/melee moved that are unlocked by getting PA fragments, and the only way to accqure these fragments is to do S runs (missions that requeire you to be a higher lvl than a C run) Getting an S rank on a S run will grant you 1 PA fragment, and you can go get special spells by trading in these PA fragments for them (spells are usually 50+)

Your welcome to join me on the 360 servers (Gamer Tag is Chaos320) as long as your not a douch, lol

*Warning, there are prob. mult. spelling errors and i just sounded like the biggest nerd ever, but thats ok, because class is over now
    GamerTag Chaos320

Stop bitching...you only look stupid