Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

i gots me teh red ring of death on my 360 it sucks. cant do nothing about it i dont think

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2008-02-06 20:09 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2008-02-06 22:13 ]</font>

call microsoft and have them replace it.

or you can do the towel trick..but ultimately, that could make everything worse after making it temporarily better.

Swap it with somebody elses (that isn't broken) when they aren't looking? Seriously though, check if it's still in warranty and if so send it in :/

dont gots no warranty got for christmas couple years ago.

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

Call up the 1-800-MY-XBOX anyway.

They might be able to look up your serial number and tell you where the dates lie and where it was extended. Or tell you where the production date is on the back of your box.

There should have been extensions for most all 360's only a few months back.

And if you do have to pay some for it to be repaired, best place to do so is officially and again calling them up to find out the details and get that prepaid shipping box sent your way.

As other's mentioned, it's worth contacting them, regardless.
    You've nothing to lose at this point. You may qualify for their 3-year replacement agreement.

And I feel your pain - my 360 died...again.
    I am now playing the PS2 version of this game, on a PS3, until my replacement arrives.

Every 360 has a three year warranty specifically for the Red Light (it's not a fucking ring!) error. It can't not be covered. The warranty on my launch console won't expire until...next year?

Or maybe it ran out this Christmas...I can't remember if they run out when they were introduced, or if it's three years from the date of purchase.

Either way, call Microsoft.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

ill give it a shot

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Crokar- on 2008-02-07 18:46 ]</font>

Crazy Awesome Old Potato Man Guy HAYABUSA-FMW-'s Avatar

On 2008-02-07 16:53, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
    Every 360 has a three year warranty specifically for the Red Light (it's not a fucking ring!) error.
    Lighted Ring, as in all 4 quadrants of the circle shaped light are sitting pretty in Red Error mode?

Just semantics but I can see why some call it the red ring, without using the redundant or immaterial light part. Or whoever first called it the Red Ring could be blamed for starting the snowball effect!

Where da INS?

On 2008-02-09 19:24, HAYABUSA-FMW- wrote:
    Only 3 quadrants light up.