Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

In PSO, when the game was released there were so many different weapons, and a lot of detail was put into making all the weapons cool. Sure they did some nice detail to the clothing, but I miss the cool cool weapons and the rifles that were bigger then the rangers LOL. And im talking about 4 star items not just the 9 star ones...
    SEGAC- a company based in Japan that knows how to make and sell great games ....maybe

The Legendary Booma Seducer

I miss some of the more unique/quirky weapons from PSO (Crazy Tune FTW!) but the weapons in PSU aren't too bad and are more legitimately obtainable. Plus PSU has it's share of quirky weapons too, the Ank Bico is basically the PSO Toy Hammer and my personal fave is the Koltova Gun as it usually gets a chuckle from someone in a party whenever I equip it.

Besides a lot of the weapons from PSO have/will be making a return in PSU (Chain Sawd, Spread Needle, Chao Staff, Varista etc.), I just hope the Inferno Bazooka, Panzer Faust and Baranz make it in. The range of Guns is definitely poorer but stuff like Axes, Bows and Double Sabers have a much bigger range to choose from.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerberus1981 on 2008-02-09 05:48 ]</font>

not nessarily, its like theres 3 kinds of weapons for every star. meaning theres 3 types of twin pistols at rarity 6 AND they have a simular shape. In PSO lets say you were a level 30 hunter. there were actually sabers rated like 8 stars for low levels, but they looked cool. in this game... its pretty much how much damage a weapon does that determins the rarity. I hope they add in more PSO weapons, but I hope thay actually make them rare, and when i say rare i mean cool looking weapons when you wield everyone goes AHHHH and not rare as in 1/1000000000 drop rate... I killed that dragon in PSO 40+ times for my twin sabers LOL i would hate to kill a boss in PSO more then that just for a cool looking weapon
    SEGAC- a company based in Japan that knows how to make and sell great games ....maybe

Lieutenant Colonel of the 6th Armored Division

On 2008-02-09 05:30, strikershadow wrote:
    In PSO, when the game was released there were so many different weapons, and a lot of detail was put into making all the weapons cool. Sure they did some nice detail to the clothing, but I miss the cool cool weapons and the rifles that were bigger then the rangers LOL. And im talking about 4 star items not just the 9 star ones...
    Well if you played back on ver.1 and ver.2 for DC those super awesome textured weapons wern't around.
    There's a few around in PSU but this is an entirely different game. Sure then can make some things act and look like this and that from PSO but it will never be teh same.

the only game i played was PSO episode and 2 offline, I dont mean tecture like graphics. I mean actual looking unique weapons.

I just miss weapons that could be equipped outside of usual class bounds.

FOmar with Soul Banish(Partisan, a sadly dead weapon type that spear is not quite a worthy successor to), S-Rank Twin(Double Saber, PSO's were single-target though) and Holy Ray(Rifle) was *Fucking Awesome*.

PSU doesn't have anything like that and it's fucking boring.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.

Well everything that wasn't rare (red box) in PSO looked the same except the photon color changed. Now since photon color denotes element they just changed the color of the weapon in general. Though they could have made C's look different than B's since A's look different from those below it.

As much as I loved PSO and I'm glad to hear that they're bringing stuff back, I really want to see some completely new stuff. I'm all for some PSO in PSU but we need original content as well.

Love,
    Fox Makenshi

On 2008-02-09 06:27, Ian-KunX wrote:
    I just miss weapons that could be equipped outside of usual class bounds.

FOmar with Soul Banish(Partisan, a sadly dead weapon type that spear is not quite a worthy successor to), S-Rank Twin(Double Saber, PSO's were single-target though) and Holy Ray(Rifle) was *Fucking Awesome*.

PSU doesn't have anything like that and it's fucking boring.
    Maybe that's because you can be every class with one character and equip all weapons thusly?
    pso two:
    blue moon/caseal/ship 2

Shado the Nostalgic

AHHHHHH, I smaell fire...is there a war coming....

Kanore: Not at the same time.

Example: Nothing in PSU accurately approximates a FOmar. AT's weapon selection is too limited, WT's support is too pants. Gimme an AT-equippable spear, a twin saber, maybe some claws, and it's perfect.

Basically, despite being able to switch class, in a lot of ways PSU is *more* limiting as to what you can do. If I wanted to, I could play my HUmar as a Force. Was it effective? God no. Was it fun to try? Sure. Could I, say, fill in some half-assed support if we had no FO? Sure, I had J/Z and Resta and Anti. I could whip out a Holy Ray for East Tower and still be a HU for bitchslapping Epsilon. In the same run I could do three or four different things with pretty much any class in PSO, barring Hunter androids. This was due to both PSO's different system of handling techniques and PSO's instances of weapons that broke type limitations. Could Forces generally use, say, Partisans? No. It was a Hunter weapon type. Could Forces use Soul Banish? The human ones, yes. Did this greatly expand what you could do with a Force? God yes.

Even in PSU, I have different characters to do different things, as do most people I know, because trying to do everything on one character isn't practical most times. You run out of PM storage space, you run out of PA slots, you spend half your time changing around your PAs and your weapons, it's much easier in the long run simply to have multiple characters. It takes less time to log off and switch to my newman if I find myself needing/wanting to tech than it does to try to fiddle around switching classes.

PSUJP: Nai Calus, M. B. 176 FI 20 | Elly, F. N. 42 FT 5 Requiescat in pace.