Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

With the PSU v1 drop rates having been rebalanced, I've recently been hunting for a Rattlesnake. However, I am terrible at soloing.

Does anyone have any soloing tips for a Fortegunner? I've checked out Sophia's dodging thread in the guides sticky, but her methods don't seem to apply to me since she uses different weapons that allow her to strafe and dodge easier.

Are there certain weapons/PAs that make soloing less difficult? Currently I am using Rifles w/ Killer shot, Shotguns w/ Barada Banga, Grenades w/ Boma Duranga, and Laser Cannons w/ Frozen Prism.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Well, the only soloing I've done with my fG is Scarred Planet B, lol...

What helps most there is anything that lets you hit everything with one shot...
    Coming Soon!

when I used to solo I relied on my burning hit and dark shot a lot. Especially with the rainbow beast, sticking it with lightning or neutral then put on infection, will save you a lot of work. Alternatively you could do that with traps of course... well, gunners do need to be mobile to a certain extent to avoid getting damaged though.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2008-02-12 15:01, Tobro wrote:

Does anyone have any soloing tips for a Fortegunner? I've checked out Sophia's dodging thread in the guides sticky, but her methods don't seem to apply to me since she uses different weapons that allow her to strafe and dodge easier.
    Sorry to say, you are just going to have to get those weapons. If you want to solo effectively, you need to move while shooting. Sorry bub, no way around that.

Are there certain weapons/PAs that make soloing less difficult? Currently I am using Rifles w/ Killer shot, Shotguns w/ Barada Banga, Grenades w/ Boma Duranga, and Laser Cannons w/ Frozen Prism.
    Xbows will definitely help...they are pretty much required for effective soloing. If you are working on DG, then you are going to need some more Ground, Shock, and Dark bullets.

Crossbow Light and Dark bullets is excellent for soloing.
    Twin handguns weapon is really good as well for that.

Although sometimes when i feel like laying down the hurt, i use Shock shotgun bullets.
    Makes it hard for them to attack back.
    Only on crazy cast enemies though. XP

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-02-13 00:53 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-02-13 00:53 ]</font>
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0

Dayton/Fairborn/Troy/Springfield, OH, USA

find hiding spots too. behind walls, sometimes around corners. i'm not too familiar wth DG, so i dont know if there are any specific ones to note.
    ~360~ MCVelvetJanuary
    ~Skyly~ Beseal 180 AF/FF/WT | True Villain Caseal 170+ AT/GT
    Violent Violet Caseal 180 PT/GM/FM | Mistress Vulcana Newearl 179+ MF

Phantasy Dad Online II Dragwind's Avatar

I tend to like to apply SE's with rifles/xbows/traps to mobs/large enemies first, then lash out with high lvl ele bullets depending the situation/enemies. Safe spots are nice, and mobility as well. You could also opt for the shoot/run thing.
    PSO, PSU, PS:Po, PSZ | PSO2: Jergraw (All classes 90) Lunaeris Demoria (Fo/Te 90) Onlak (Hr 90)
    -**Tech crafting max- message me for crafts**-

Forum Rules - Read it!

I would avoid slower weapons as much as possible, though you can't completely disregard them because they tend to be your damage-dealers (Shotguns).

Crossbows and Twin Handguns are good to have around, if you have good elemental bullets for them (both weapons' effectiveness is HIGHLY dependent on bullet levels), and be careful about your Durenga use because you're obviously relying on -mates here.

You're going to want your SE application too, so bring Burn/Virus/Shock traps and use them in conjunction with the high SE rate of Crossbows. Really your biggest enemy should be a lack of healing other than -mates, so keep that in mind and dodge as much as possible.

If all else fails, you could consider switching to GT. Mine pretty much has zero survivability problems.

for goliath i use the killer shot for robots, shock and burn xbows for the casts, and boma diga for the grinnas (every now and agin I use virus traps on the grinnas, too). no reason to use duranga and wast e mates.

it's easy. tedious. but easy as long as the shooty missile robots don't go turbo controller on you.

Desert Goliath? I'd set up with:

Virus shotgun (statusing groups of bots)
    Shock shotgun (statusing groups of bots and casts)
    Burn handgun (stagger casts while rushing them) + high-ATP dagger/saber (smackdown)
    Virus handgun (DOTs for bots) + earth dagger/saber (use moubou/rising to minimize blowing yourself up)
    Killer Shot rifle (disposing of lone robots)
    Earth grenades (damage and stun-locking on grinnas)

Virus and Virus G traps (DOTs against grinnas)
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan