Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2910111213141522 ... LastLast

I actually hate the girl when I look at it now.. she looks totaly like a squirl/mouse/bever.. >_<

I'm glad the dragon looks funny, I am usually no good at making facial expressions.

just some sketch.. it's Qoxolg, the fony I usually draw is my 3rd char actually.. it just happens that I like to draw that one more.

Most notable thing: This HUnewearl got somewhat big oranges compared to the melons of my FOnewearl.. while in the "virtual game reality of PSO" it should be the opposite

I'm quite confident about the fact that you eventually will end up reaching the standard average apple size. Or maybe litchies ? Oh noes, that's waaaayyy too small ! D:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rust on 2008-04-16 09:41 ]</font>

haha.. I think my new picture makes you lose all your confidence again.. >_>

Anyway..

Tried some perspective for the first time in my life.. damn.. its hard T_T I think I will do some more perspective practices..

OMG, it's watermelons again ! XD
    Yeah, there is some issues with the left gun (the one in her right hand), it looks kind of twisted.
    And i don't know about how Qoxie looks like in game, but she looks a bit fattie on this picture, especially with her dinosaur egg twins. Not that it makes her looking bad, but i doubt you were intending to make her fat.

it's because I suck at perspective.. xD the legs were to fat.. and the shoes ruined the whole perspective >_> I also srinked the breasts to Big Orange size! (apples, here I come!) and eventually used the perspective transformation in photoshop, although I don't know if that was even needed.. now it looks a bit TO much.. oh well.. practice practice practice

edit:
    I also would like to add that I don't use any example pics for drawing this. I've done that in the past, and the only thing you learn from that is how to copy another pic. I just wanna learn it by myself, so any critque is very wanted for any of my sketches. (you can also critque my CGing, but I am affraid it's most of the time a matter of taste).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qoxolg on 2008-04-16 12:31 ]</font>

Perspective is better now, just too bad you went for a more static pose about the legs. Still the issue with the gun, though.
    I bet you're not using any example pic, and that's indeed better. I used to do that to, i am very good at copying (a.k.a W00tForgery), but still what i was trying to draw by myself was turning into crap because of lack of proportions and perspective practice. Now i'm using something alike : i'm trying to imagine the finished picture in my head, and i copy it but i'm still not good.

(This thread will soon become a dialogue and is increasing my number of posts dramatically.)

haha.. I am already glad when I get reaction of 1 person
    but now I am interested in in what you art looks like.. time to make you own "OMG LOOK AT MY ARTS11!!" thread

anyway, NERDLOVE! and I'm gonna color it

HA!

I'm very glad I found this thread. I <3 the twisted fairytale theme. Total awesomeness. In fact, a few days ago I did a little drawing of suicidal teenage Alice, from the old PC game named after her. Your imagination is great for this type of stuff, and I especially dig the boy nerd thinking of a realistic human heart in the nerdlove picture, haha. Awesome.

As for critique, there's one thing I've noticed over and over again: and that's that I think I like your line sketches a lot better than the CGI renderings. Something endearing about the drawing is completely lost in transition, and I think it has to do with the foreground/background relationship. It looks like there were two layers that were treated very differently from one another, and often times the figure or foreground layer looks like it was slapped with an emboss filter. I would not recommend that--it makes it look kind of thrown together, or at least out of place. Have you tried drawing the background first and then the figures over it, on the same layer? Even if you have to start small and work your way up to a complex image, it's good practice and it helps ground the subject when it appears to be part of the same world as the background.

Anyway, keep posting. 'Tis good stuff.

Heh thanks I like your Alice, I remember seeing that game somehwere..

anyway, yeah.. I got a little problem with backgrounds honestly.. I just totaly hate doing them.. and like you said, my plan is to do the background first from now on.
    The problem most of the time is that I've already CG'ed 6~8 hours on the character.. and then I still have to do a background that is around 4 times the size of the character.. I really need to learn how to speedpaint.. but I have no idea how >_> I always phail when trying *looks at the skycastle thing*