Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So now that PSII is on the virtual console, I was wondering if I should buy it. I've never played any of the original games so I don't really know what they're like. The description says it's one of the best games of all time, but I wanna know what people who've played it think. Is it worth eight dollars.

Wow, they're real humble.

It's not one of the best games of all time. You might not like it since it's very dated and very difficult. I urge you to try it and most of all, approach it with an open mind and preferably some maps from GameFAQs or something.

The storyline is one of the best in RPGs, but due to it's age it's very skeletal. More like following a plotline, rather than a storyline... and if you want to get the most out of it, you'll want to look up information on the characters and events which was published outside of the game.

Some spoilers, but if you want a more detailed view of the storyline check out The PSII Manga. It's very well done, pretty accurate, but it's only about 4 chapters for now. The author lost his notes and concept drawings a long time ago, but recently found them and expressed interest in restarting the project. Worth a look, since the storyline even in those four chapters is better than all of what PSU has presented us with thus far IMO.

Also, as said PSII is a VERY difficult game. If you can beat it, you've earned bragging rights. Especially if you somehow manage to all characters to lvl 50.

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

You should find all 4. If you have never played them before and you just play 2, you're missing out.
    Reason not to CCF. Bored of listening to MP3s?

Code:
    We don't compromise. You shouldn't either. If guns kill people, then...
    -Pencils miss spel words. -Cars make people drive drunk. -Spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

The author lost his notes and concept drawings a long time ago, but recently found them and expressed interest in restarting the project.
    You're kidding, right? Hell yeah! I've been waiting for that to start back up.

You're kidding, right?
    Nope

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!

I've played, beaten, and own everygame in the series. PS II is by far the best, and in my "humble" opinion the pinnacle of the 16-bit rpg.

PS2 is probably one of the better RPG's of 1989. Easily worth the 8 bucks it takes to add it to your VC collection.
    Even more rewarding when you beat the game, cause the difficulty is up there.

I still love fighting Mother Brain... just something about such a massive boss, and at that time I've never seen one that big. Memories.
    Last edited by Cross313; Jun 3, 2008 at 10:35 PM.

Worth it? Yes. $8 is nothing. Costs more to get 2 gallons of gas, and you're not going to get 40+ hours of enjoyment out of 50 miles of drivng.
    Always outnumbered... Never out-gunned.