Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

On 2008-02-28 09:46, Akaimizu wrote:
    PTs are quite strong as they are. The EX traps really put them over the top. They actually have facilities to rise stronger than someone playing GT in faster time. Mainly because they have strong arts and traps that require a lot less levelling time. They have quite decent end-stats, too. Even with the current level 15 limitation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-28 09:47 ]</font>
    Agreed
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

That's not weak at all. I have yet to do anywhere near that much damage in any combination of attack, with any weapon, or spread.

However, I will likely reach that number with a fully topped off Laser Cannon, level 30 buffs and about 6+ enemies caught in the blast. That is, with the current way things are.

As of right now, my best damage ever is done with a Laser Cannon. So it's become a regular mainstay for me when I'm not busy doing other things or using weapons better suited for a specific situation.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-28 10:08 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

4-5k total over how long? Don't get stuck in the LOLBIGNUMBARS trap. Just because somebody drops a fat number doesn't mean you can't outdamage them by dropping 5 of a smaller number.

As a primary WT, I felt I had to chime in. While I do not put up insane damage numbers, even with Renzan and GBreak, with the current environment of being severely over leveled for the missions we fight, it is more than sufficient. Also, our defense is outstanding. In a nutshell, if it isn't Megid, it can't kill me. A well played WT can withstand more punishment than any other class. Aside from insta-kill related effects, we just do NOT die.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BlakLanner on 2008-02-28 10:18 ]</font>
    PSO2JP Ship 2 - ID: BlakLanner
    Main Character: Aenaenon (Techer of inconsistent ability)

For me, unless it takes somebody like 5 seconds to do another 4-5k total after their last 4-5K total, I'd think they're pretty darn strong. That is, whatever it takes to shoot about 4 or 5 crossbow shots. And I also agree about most monsters being weak now.

Speed runs are a different case, but that's a totally different paradigm.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-28 10:21 ]</font>

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

With the new Laser Cannon boost, 3 targets is going to be 4k+

With fully levelled elementals. I'll have to see how long it takes me to get there. Right now, I can hit near 500 a mob with laser cannon. I've seen me doing a 6 mob zap doing somewhere between 2400-2800 combined damage.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-02-28 10:23 ]</font>

Forgive the WoW term.

Wartechers = Paladin, TANK TANK TANK, HEAL HEAL HEAL, DPS?

Edit: In b4 WoWbash/spam/etc.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yuneiko on 2008-02-28 10:25 ]</font>

The most beautiful girl in the Gurhal System

Wartecher's damage output isn't that bad. My biggest problem is what we bring to groups. Our support is obviously not so great, and if there's another techer doing their job, our buffs are null. The debuffs aren't worth the palette space, but in fairness that generally goes for all levels of support. The potency of our Giresta/resta is fine, so we do offer that.

It's true that wartechers have a great deal of survivability, but lets be honest...what class doesn't? I've got a stack of scape dolls in my inventory regardless if I'm a FTer, or a WTer. True that FTers will die more often, but so what? whether you're playing solo or in a group, survivability is a non-issue in this game. No one creating a team will say grab that wartecher, he's got a lot of defense.

Anyway, put me in the camp of long time wartechers that think the class can use a wee bit of tweaking. We're not as bad as a lot of people tend to think we are, but we could use some minor enhancements.

Hmm, Protranser used to be fairly weak, but it is not so at all anymore. It's not as strong as Fortefighter or Fortegunner, but it does put out decent numbers. Also, two Freeze Trap EXes basically spells death for an entire group of mobs.

I'd love to see Sonic Team do something whacky like Square Enix in FFXI with newman-only fighter weapons, beast-only guns, and CAST-only wands. Although people aren't as edgy anymore these days if you see a race being a certain class.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-02-28 10:43 ]</font>
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...