Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

I posted this at the official PSU forum, but I wanted to post it here as well. Basically I expanded a bit on a post I made in a thread earlier here.
    ---

Okay, so I was wondering what PSU could use to make the game live longer and give players more reasons to make more friends and participate in groups. So here is what I came up with.

Why not allow players to choose which force they could serve in? Yeah, GUARDIANS are nice and all, but what about AMF, Communion of Gurhal, and the rebels? Joining any of them, we could get missions that increase rank or renown in those services to help lower the cost of NPC items or something in shops on each respective planet, possibly increasing meseta drops by a small percent as well.

We could use some more end-game elements. Yeah, having 2000 people to a lobby can be nice (Neudaiz Knights anybody?), but how about large party quests like other MMOs? I'd love to take 15 others GUARDIANS with me to fight some mega boss, wouldn't you? Imagine fighting an Olga Flow-sized enemy with 16 players. PSU runs on servers and isn't peer-to-peer, so there's really no reason Sonic Team wouldn't be able to add something like this.

Perhaps limit the access to fighting such a mega boss by declaring a large meseta offering (non-refundable) of 32 million meseta (2 million per player if each pitched in with the maximum 16 players). It's a great way to get rid of excess meseta many rich players just store away.

Another thing, since PSU uses item synthing, we could start seeing more truly end-game happening that changes up PSU from the normal EXP/PA-heavy grind runs. Introducing new synthesis materials and weapons/boards that can't be sold or traded. How about these are the items that drop off of the aforementioned mega bosses to lure players into really wanting to do the end-game? Perhaps other items (non-tradeable/unsellable) could even improve percentages in elements or even fix a single broken grind? There are so many unexplored possibilities waiting to happen should Sega look into these deeper, more involving areas of online community gaming.

Below is an image I worked hours on imagining what a mega boss fight might look like. Feel free to comment and criticize.

Spoiler!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-02-29 04:11 ]</font>
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

I lol'd at the pic.

An epic boss fight (along with its level being pretty damn tough) is what I've been looking for. Although the current PSU would not be able to handle big parties like that, maybe Sega could do something down the road. I'm really disappointed by the lack of effort and creativity that goes into the reskins =/

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

It's a good idea, but too ambitious. Some of those features would require engine rewrites and I don't think ST is really up to that. They already have a plan, we just don't know what it is.

The ideas that are feasible with the current system are nice though.

I totally imagine that mega boss's attacks being the following:

- Trample
    - Claw swipe
    - Tail swipe
    - Giant laser beam from mouth

And once in a while...
    - Pick a player up and throw him/her straight down to the ground -- 1-hit KO and has AOE damage.
    ♪PSU 360☆
    Ema - Newman F 180 Gunmaster 20
    // Edel Fucil obtained and 10/10 on 13 AUG 2011.
    ♪PSO2★
    Ema - RAnewearl
    // Coming Soon...

The pic made me lol. I think its a good idea..

hmmm end game battles... been doing those for a while in Final Fantasy now.. could be fun.. but we will never know what will happen, until we know.. keep those PA spams up and grind ur way to happines??
    -:[ PSO History ]:-
    Dreamcast , GameCube , Xbox360 , PC , PSP
    PSO2 - Snitchie - Ship 02 Block 20
    Pics pics pics

That image is crazy, but i doubt st will go that far as a new expansion....
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

RAnewearl Extraordinaire AerisZeal's Avatar

That'd be kinda nice really, to have so many people playing at once. Unfortunately we're just gonna have to accept the fact though that one day we'll be fighting a level 250 Dulk Onma Rol Ragan Brain Magahnna Opt Yes Opt, as in Vol Opt >.>; with six people at level 200 and they'll all be using one move. (Dus Majarra comes to mind...)

Yeah, we need some crazy kick-your-freaking-ass dungeon with some stupidly-hard boss at the end, something so hard it'd be like doing a raid boss solo in EQII. Something you need a very solid strategy for. Think something like the bonus dungeons in FFIV, V, and VI's GBA remakes. Either that or implement a "boss rush" sorta thing like the Cloister of the Dead in FFVA, but buff up the bosses a lot, make them twice as fast, etc. That'd rock.

That idea is great ( as is the picture! lol ) Maybe if SEGA manages to make another Phantasy Star they will think with technology actually in mind.
    Xtian | Small Wonder | Ari | Madus