Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

As a guntecher i really like left hand guns like mechgun or crossbow but i dont really like twin handguns.... should i stick with cards and with the future patch a wand? or should i use twin handgun(yeah i know twins have really nice stats at 31+ but...)BTW i only have space for one of them (6 elements of course)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: chibichibi on 2008-03-05 08:50 ]</font>

PSO2 Character: Chibi Loli newman force Level 40

Good question. My Guntecher is at the point where she's just starting to get level 21 bullets for both guns in nearly every element. The two guns almost seem to fill the same roll; a very mobile gun, with SE level 2, that can pile on the damage to a single target.

Advantage of cards: access to wand/melee, and craaaazy fast levelling speed.

Advantage of twin handguns: faster/more continuous firing rate, longer range, aimable (thus, useful on bosses like Onmagoug) and you're the only class that gets access to S rank guns (pretty bullets!).

So, yeah. You might actually be able to get away with using just one of the two. You'd do fine with just Cards, which you seem to prefer, as long as you have some kind of longer range, aimable gun (for the situations that demand it, especially bosses).

are you kiddin, twin handgun is like THE weapon for guntechers. It's the weapon you use over rifle, except for long range applications. Then you have the option of bow or rifle. You should especially choose twin handgun if you're gonna be using other single hand guns in your palette...they can most likely take the place of your throwing cards.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

xbox 360 PSU ftw.

I say that you pick according to need. I went with ice twin handguns to pick off onmagoug's wings. On the other hand, I went with light cards for the extra chance to confuze a goazoran (3 shots and seeking vs 2 shots).

It also may depend on your race. My GT is a CAST, so switching to a wand would only be for resta/reverser.

If you were a newman or human though, you could consider having offsensive techs on a wand, and this would give weight to using cards (to have the extra offencive capability at the ready).

It does. I tend to use Crossbows in that place. Then again, it's all based on preference. Some people like something that kind of targets and seeks out a target, at a cost of speed. Others are particular about direct attacking targets where they aim, with an increase of controlling your shots.

Cards are about the only GT usable weapon I didn't really commit to, but that's because with the ones I have, I deal with much more than 36 PAs to level, just in bullets and tech. To tell the truth, that much for 1 single class is about as much work as people have done for 1 character jumping around to all classes, or 3 typical characters with limited class selection.

So for me, Twin Handguns weren't really competing with cards as much as Crossbows were.

It's still not a bad idea since you might be configured to a 2 weapon per slot, aspect to your character. Just remember that your importance of levelling up Bows and Rifles increases as you leave Twin Handguns. As said before, you need a decent long range puncher that has aiming capability. If you don't have that, you have a definite hole in your GT offense.

For gun offense a GT needs these things:
    - A long range Aimable weapon with Status Effect level 4 (Only 2 options for this, but it's your only method to that SE level)
    - Medium or medium long range weapon with a decent firing rate and lots of mobility. (Your technical workhorse)

- A medium range deliverer of SEs. While not quite as powerful a SE as your long range options, you want to be able to spread amongst a group of small/medium enemies quickly. Shotguns and Crossbows are probably best bets for delivery, with Twin Handguns and Cards are right behind them. Crossbows top it due to both strafing and their SE3 level. SE3s land the SEs so much easier than SE2s and also have much better luck at penetrating shielded enemies. (A good example is trying to proc a shielded enemy with a Crossbow before it hits 21 is an exercise in fustration. As soon as the 21 hits, it's like night and day.)
    - (Last but not least) A short range blaster which can rip apart an enemy up close. Something you don't like to be doing too much if you're human or newman and dealing with very powerful attacking/teching mobs. Shotguns and Crossbows fit this bill once levelled. Strong Machineguns are normally meant not to last too long, but can really put a major hurt on a chosen enemy or two per recharge. (Use it on that one enemy you don't like. It typically staggers them keeping them from doing stuff as well).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-03-05 10:11 ]</font>
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

Twin handguns do more damage, have first person mode for bosses, and GT can use S grade ones.

Kind of an easy choice, IMO.

It is, and to tell you the truth, the Twin Handguns led me to Guntecher in the first place. But if for some reason people do want to play a Guntecher but don't like Twin Handguns, I figure I would lay out the alternatives and hint at ideas with how to work around not having them.

There are other strategies than that, for using Twin Handguns, but that plays into a playstyle choice a Guntecher could optionally take.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Guld & Milla FTW.

Need I say more?

Never got one of those in PSO, but boy do I wish to have them. They would've worked well on my Ramarl. (I guess I could still look for them, though)

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Not only did those guns shit sexy, but they were entirely broken on a RAcast. I only wish fGs could use S rank Twins.