Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Criticals

On 2008-03-11 00:11, Candor wrote:
    Am i mistaken in thinking it's the normal attacks that recharge PP? the official site says "Photon Points, the energy required for all Photon Arts, can now be recovered with each normal swing attack."
    Both the Normal attacks and Just-Attack recharges PP. but the JA regens more PP for every successful exceution.

On 2008-03-11 00:15, ashley50 wrote:
    On 2008-03-11 00:11, Candor wrote:
    Am i mistaken in thinking it's the normal attacks that recharge PP? the official site says "Photon Points, the energy required for all Photon Arts, can now be recovered with each normal swing attack."
    Both the Normal attacks and Just-Attack recharges PP. but the JA regens more PP for every successful exceution.
    ah didn't know that part thanks

I enjoy executing the Just attack on my weapons i use it a lot, sometimes I'll not do it intentionally to get my attack off faster, but for the most part I always use it. Still having trouble on the 2nd to 3rd swing of twin sabers, but a little more practice and ill nail it.
    PC/PS2
    Hiraisho - Lv.150 (Wartecher 20, Fortetecher 14, Acrotecher 19)
    Vequi - Lv.150 (Protranser 19, Guntecher 20)
    Saibura - Lv.83 (Acrofighter 10, Fighgunner 5)

Using JA on normal attacks on twin claws is amazing for PP regeneration.

JA can seriously boost your damage output on PA's.

Fast weapons I don't do JA, slow weapons I do. I feel it is better that way, but it really didn't matter that much I believe. Even PA I do the same, except I go by PA speed instead of weapon speed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SolRiver on 2008-03-11 00:58 ]</font>

Axe really wants to be Just Attacked no matter the situation. Sure you deal loads of damage anyway but making sure they're all critical hits? Yes please!

Getting more damage out of your weapons is always better except with LongSwords' transition between the first and second normal siwngs and the Lances' transition between the third normal hit and your Photon Art. Fast weapons such as the single handed weapons and the twin weapons (especially the deft daggers and the cruel claws) attack extremely quickly anyway that you're losing out on damage if you don't Just Attack them.

There are times though, that I wish some attacks had a clearer Just Attack, Gravity Break has possibly the hardest one to nail down unless someone tells you or you go through several Photon Charges to find out yourself. I've heard that Anga Dugrega is another one but I actually got it first time because I love savouring every satisfying thud my Axe makes when it comes in contact with something and it wails across and out of my screen.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

The only way normal attacks would outdamage JA is if JA slows you down by more than 50%. There may be a handful of scenarios where this is true, but on the whole, you are going to do more damage over time with JA.

With double sabers, swords, and axes you can lose a lot of time setting up a JA for the first move of a PA combo. They'll generally do more damage over time if you start with the PA immediately.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I always use Just Attack because it regens PP faster, especially on weapons like claws and knuckles.

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

I JA with all my weapons. Recharges more PP which means I can spam more PAs. Well actually the only weapon I don't is with my sword, well more like I can't. For the life of me I can't get down JA with a sword.