Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Meh updates

Great, so they don't care? Screw this, i'm cancelling till MAG.

On 2008-03-12 22:42, thebummers wrote:
    What kind of jackass who pays money monthly for a product actually expects updates to work when applied and for a company to update a product with new content when they say they are updating the product with new content? That is totally unfrickinreasonable.
    I <3 Sarcasm

I love everyones reaction to a problem...."Something's gone wrong? I'm Canceling!!!"

Once & forever Protranser Gunslinger-08's Avatar

Meh. All the more reason for me to do something else during spring break. %D

Ship 2 - Gatz

On 2008-03-13 03:18, Sinow wrote:
    I love everyones reaction to a problem...."Something's gone wrong? I'm Canceling!!!"
    What I will say though is that every update over the course of the last month has been totally botched. We've recieved bugged items, got updates when we weren't meant to (and vice versa), GBR was bugged on 360..

For a service that requires a fee from users, it's pretty understandable why people are quitting in droves- the quality of the game (in terms of maintenence/updates) has been horrendous.

I'm not quitting yet, still have one or two items left to hunt, and a delay of Bruces S wouldn't exactly bother me.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Wartecher extraordinaire Packrat's Avatar

Unfortunately all the issues we've had over the last year have made at least 80% of my friend list quit. Even my RL friends have quit over the last 2-3 months. It's to the point where it's a good day on the PC/PS2 servers if there's 2 and a half stars on Uni 2. So it's not exactly a knee-jerk reaction but a culmination of several issues over time. And I'm close to my breaking point as well.. ;_;

I'm sorry but I can't see why people are quitting over such minor issues in my eyes. You know patch days could possibly be buggy, avoid playing until you know there won't be an issue.

Other than that and some of the glitches (the only really bad one was the grinder glitch, mg glitch really hurt nobody imo), this game is pretty well built, try some other games that have issues that are never fixed (not gonna name them)

I'm sorry but I can't see why people are quitting over such minor issues in my eyes. You know patch days could possibly be buggy, avoid playing until you know there won't be an issue.
    Maybe because they don't want to pay tol support that kind of crap? It IS their money.

Uber-damage whore
    Belgium (100 meseta for each person who can point it on the map)

i understand a lot of people who want to quit. I mean, it's not like sega is giving you your money's worth, that much is true. but currently im just playing because i'm having fun. I do find that sega has to get off their lazy asses, but that wont ever happen. so bottom line is you either play a faulty game, that has little support, or you quit. depends on your personal situation, i guess. i do find it dplorable that there's only 2 more full stars on uni 2, on a decent day. good thing a bunch of frineds still play regularly.

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

On 2008-03-13 05:18, th0rnz wrote:
    Are you serious? I would never blame someone for quitting this game. We've come to EXPECT failure from ST. "Avoid playing" might work if the servers were free, but we pay for that time. Their recent performance has been beyond unacceptable. Consistent delays, misinformation, and rollbacks are not the way to run a business.

The only reason this game's servers haven't been shut down from lack of interest is that Sega has managed to keep a very loyal fanbase despite ludicrously bad software and support since the post-DC era. For some reason which totally escapes me, some of us (myself included) keep coming back for a kick in the head. Maybe its just that some small part of me still beleives that ST can return to a fraction of what they once were...