Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

On 2008-03-17 05:15, amtalx wrote:
    "Its release is currently projected to occur at any time ranging from as early as 2008 to as late as 2015"

WTF?

wich means it may never happen =(

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

I would presume this then.
    a)They don't have the technology to pull it off yet or
    b)no good actors.

Personally I've never seen the anime. Is it any good?

On 2008-03-18 10:14, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
    I would presume this then.
    a)They don't have the technology to pull it off yet or
    b)no good actors.

Personally I've never seen the anime. Is it any good?
    Depending on who you speak to its either one of the best anime shows ever or it is highly over-rated. Either way you look at it, it was highly influencial at the time. It came out at a time when the anime genre needed a kick up the ass. Personally I really like the show despite it's faults. It's aged reasonably well ( I think its more or less 10 years old now ).

Personally I don't think anyone can cram all of Evangellion's subject matter into a 2 hour movie. They had a hard enough time getting it all into a 26 episode show. I think the main reason why they haven't made it yet is because they don't know how to, what bits should they concentrate on and which bits will they ignore, what will the show focus on, Giant Bio Robo action, complex character development or huge conspiarcy theory.

they said that the live one was gonna be a trilogy. and the rebuild of evangelion is gonna be 4 movies so it wont only be a two hour movie

Anime should be just that: anime. Making a movie off of an anime is fine, but it kills it when they make it live action. That's my opinion, at least.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

The problem is a lot of things that look good in animation look like crap in live action, so the transition is never smooth.

At one point, the people in charge of this movie project had supposedly gotten WETA digital (you know, the LOTR special effects people) to do all the Evangelions. I remember seeing the stills the released, but for the life of me can't find them on the internet.

I'd love it if this where made, just so I could see the treatment, actors, ect. I might even tolerate an american (or at the very least) internationally done script and movie, but as of right now finding any big name actors in film or television right now to fill the roles in the movie, I find hard. Incredibly hard.

on The End of Evangelion dvd under special features, they had the producers of the LOTR movies talking about it, they had sketches and a few preliminary shots. but that was SOOO long ago i donno whats goin on now

it would be nice though or jus to make a season 2 like life after the end of evangelion haha i'm jus tired of watchin worthless animes

Evangelion? I heard the live action movie idea got scrapped and the production property sold off to some subsidiary entertainment company who plans on making it a preformance musical. Evangelion: On Ice!

Making a movie off of an anime is fine, but it kills it when they make it live action.
    Depends on the Anime. I think Ghost in the Shell would make a great Live Action flick. In fact, I think they are in the works of trying to get the first GitS movie remade in Live Action. Death Note's LAM I heard turned out pretty good as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-03-23 22:26 ]</font>

Feed men, and then ask of them virtue!