Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Wartecher?

On 2008-03-21 16:27, Sekani wrote:
    Um, most people went fortetecher because they wanted to be the supreme teching class. This is why a lot of them don't like the acrotecher class much, since they took away part of that superiority. The vast majority of fortetechers I know would rather have level 40 support and exclusive use of rods forever, and I honestly don't think they'd be threatened by another class with level 40 attack techs.
    um, supreme teching class=lvl 40 attack techs.
    Acrotechers are like heaven for FT, they got better defense and cast faster, so switching to AT will help you level your technics to 30 before you do the hard part. There's no disliking AT...
    As for the techers you know, if you really think they do...and maybe they do, well to each their own I guess. I'm gonna point out that not every fortetecher uses rods, based on previous forum discussion.

Um, I'm sorry for dragging this off topic I'll stop now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-03-21 21:27 ]</font>
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online
    (haven't updated the rest of my characters)

I really dont see what WTs have to be upset over other than getting only lvl 20 support techs. They have very high HP and DFP for a techer, they can use spears, knuckles and swords....Err, well they get spears, they have a good amount of TP so they basically can have a build of either paladin (More melee with healing/support) or a fighter mage (all kinds of Gi-techs in front of mobs.) With less base ATP than the other hunter classes and only lvl 30 skills they wont be the best at fighting, but they'll still be good, especially if you want to have spears. Their attack techs may be considered bottom of the barrel but then again attack techs are bottom barrel in Aoti to begin with, it's not like they shouldn't be used for status effect anyway. The only real problem I see with WT now is they have pow support techs. Give them lvl 30 support and I think this class is perfect. It's not supposed to be a class that excels in a bunch of traits or even one, it's supposed to be good in all of them. I think WTs need to stop complaining about how they should have more dmg in one place or another, if they want more dmg then they should go to a class that specializes in that trait. Want more dmg in close attacks? Go to FF, FiG, or AF for that. Want more tech dmg or support? Go to AT or FT. WT can do a little of all those things, but it wont be the best in any trait, which some people cant stand, but some people are cool with it

AT can almost compare to WT in melee, except for weapon choice, and they have better speed and damage in the technic area. It's not that WT wants to have more power in a specific area, they just don't want to be good for nothing -_-.
    Flora, Cast Female (Level 150), HU-11/RA-20/FO-10/FG-18/GT-20/GU-20 :Sakura(GH421-Level 100.99 range):- XBox 360, Online
    LeAnne, Newman Female (Level 122), HU/FO-10/RA-13/FG-10/FT-11/WT-10/GT-10/AT-13/GT-10/FG-1/GU-1/MF-2 :Ella(GH454-Level 100.99 tech):- XBox 360, Online

Talise, I think you get this from the WT side, but for FT, it's not WT getting 40 attack techs, so much as the fact that AT gets 40 support and S rank Madoogs while FT does not. The AT is almost as hard to kill as a WT, hits harder with techs, almost as hard with melee, and gets 40 support techs. WT just started with S rank Daggers and Twin Daggers, and actually that was still the worst, but giving them S in Knuckles, Twin claws, AND Wands as well as A rank in Swords (Wtf?) whips, madoogs, and shadoogs just ssends a slightly mixed message to how we're expected to play, especially since we still only have 20 support. Last time I played around a year ago, most of the WT I knew wanted an Identity for the class that was original, well that and to not have the least S ranks, and no max photon art, but that'll NEVER happen. What I'm trying to say is that AT has stepped all over WT territory, especially since they have higher evade and mst, since one of the big things about WT was your dfp was kinda low for a hunter class, but our evp and mst definitely made up for it. Not only that by giving us mostly new 2 handed weapons, but then 3 new one handed (I hope I'm not forgetting something here) they don't send a very clear message on which WT is expected to specialize in.
    In conclusion: WT now ties with AT for being annoying hard to kill, is the 3rd worst combat caster, 4th worst melee fighter and still has the least S ranks and no max level in any PAs. /lesigh

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zanotam on 2008-03-22 10:47 ]</font>

On 2008-03-22 09:41, Talise wrote:
    AT can almost compare to WT in melee, except for weapon choice, and they have better speed and damage in the technic area. It's not that WT wants to have more power in a specific area, they just don't want to be good for nothing -_-.
    but they arent good for nothing, and you said it yourself, ATs lack in the weapon department. An AT plus a whip will not be as good as a WT plus a spear. And its like I said, AT SHOULD have better techs than a WT. You're forgetting WTs have very high HP and DFP compared to other techers, and as a trade-off they get decent tech damage.

I don't see much point in giving WT 30 support techs it'll just turn it into acrotecher part 2.
    DFP is a meaningless stat and if you throw on both classes buffs the gap is not worth mentioning.
    So WT is the techer with lots of hp, decent melee and lots of piontless techs who's in the bottom / middle tier of every discipline (granted we have access to each discipline).
    I like the idea of giving fT 40 support techs and WT 40 attack techs. How do you think that would go down with fT's Talise.

On 2008-03-22 12:34, mll wrote:
    I don't see much point in giving WT 30 support techs it'll just turn it into acrotecher part 2.
    DFP is a meaningless stat and if you throw on both classes buffs the gap is not worth mentioning.
    So WT is the techer with lots of hp, decent melee and lots of piontless techs who's in the bottom / middle tier of every discipline (granted we have access to each discipline).
    I like the idea of giving fT 40 support techs and WT 40 attack techs. How do you think that would go down with fT's Talise.
    lvl 30 support is what they should have instead of more attack tech. It wont make much sense giving WTs lvl 40 attack techs because FTs will still have rods. Hey, kinda like Fortetecher part 2 =D
    Besides, lvl 30 support means better buffs not only for you but the party, better Giresta etc. Why give lvl 40 attack techs and try to make WTs more into some all attack-tech based class when they can give them lvl 30 support and not only give players the ability to choose what way to play the class but to improve one of those styles of play as well?

I don't know, in the original PSU the point of WT was we had second best EVP and MST, and third best HP and DFP, making us the over all hardest to kill. That was the ONLY thing that made playing a WT bearable, we were very, very, hard to kill.

Hardest to kill? No, that spot is reserved for gunners, sorry. =)

On 2008-03-22 13:13, MrNomad wrote:
    On 2008-03-22 12:34, mll wrote:
    lvl 30 support is what they should have instead of more attack tech. It wont make much sense giving WTs lvl 40 attack techs because FTs will still have rods. Hey, kinda like Fortetecher part 2 =D
    Besides, lvl 30 support means better buffs not only for you but the party, better Giresta etc. Why give lvl 40 attack techs and try to make WTs more into some all attack-tech based class when they can give them lvl 30 support and not only give players the ability to choose what way to play the class but to improve one of those styles of play as well?
    okay to answer the first post. Ft doesn't get lvl 40 support because that's acrotecher's arena. Acrotechers are support based techers, Ft are attack based techers. If you were to give Ft lvl 40 support as well as attack then there will be less point to use an AT, it's one of their appeals.
    For the 2nd post, I simply dun think it'd be fair for WT to have lvl 30 support, that takes away from GT. It'd be the better choice though and it might work out too. EDIT: Lvl 30 support doesn't really do much for you though, if everyone can just use buff items. I think WT is great for megistar though this might be good...
    And for the 3RD post, well if that's the case, if we boosted WT's DFP and MST even more maybe that could fix the problem. I think that might be a good idea, it would fit the role of paladin more too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Talise on 2008-03-22 19:38 ]</font>