Thread: Windows Vista

I used the search feature and it seems that the general consensus about PSU is that it can be run with Windows Vista with a little bit of tinkering.

I was wondering what you guys think of Vista in general? I'm purchasing a new laptop soon (not solely for the purpose of PSU, but I will be playing it) and I'm having trouble deciding between windows XP and Vista.

The basic specs are as such:

Intel Core duo 2 mobile (2 x 1.66)
    2gig ram
    Mobility 256MB Nvidia Geforce 7600

So what's your opinion of Vista in general? Obviously it's going to be the way Windows is going in the future and it seems like a lot of games are already adopting the Vista structure for their performance. Then again, XP is tried and true for me so it wouldn't be much of a risk. I don't know, am I sweating it over nothing? I've heard great things of Vista and I've heard some horror stories.

I appreciate your responses!

PSU runs on my Vista laptop without any problems. The performance isn't the best since it uses the integrated Intel graphics card.

As for Vista itself, I had to spend a couple of hours making tweaks to make the experience tolerable. After that, it was fairly decent.

Sounds like you have a pretty good laptop, so you shouldn't have any problems with Vista if you decide to go that route. If you're more comfortable with Windows XP though, there's little reason to not stick with it.

Don't let the horror stories scare you off though. While Vista does have its share of issues, they're often blown out of proportion because of the LOL INTERNET factor.

I bought a new laptop on late October last year and as almost all new computers, it came with Windows Vista.
    I work as IT support and i've been using Windows XP until i got my new laptop.
    Before i got the laptop the only thing on my mind was "OK, get the laptop and jam Windows XP on it ASAP"
    After i got the laptop, i look and windows XP and think "god is that old and awful"

As for playing PSU on a laptop:
    It all depends on what graphic card your laptop has on it. I would avoid Intel Integrated Graphics and choose something from ATI or NVIDIA.

Bottom line:
    The laptop you're showing has pretty decent specs and i believe you will be able to run PSU with no problems. Maybe not on the max graphic spec's, but you'll be able to play it smoothly.

Thank you for the replies everyone. I'm not concerned about running PSU with maximum specs, just as long as it's a smooth experience at normal settings.

After looking around a bit more I dont think Vista's gonna be a bad experience at all. I'm getting excited to try it out actually.

As for the horror stories, I went back to one of the guys who had a bad experience only to discover that he was trying to run it with a pentium 3, 512mb ram and an intel graphics accelerator.

Thanks again everyone!

Windows vista takes some time to get use to. But i like it.