View Poll Results: PSO: Use your hands no matter what. Sword or spear in hand, you can still use spells, heals, w/e.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSO

33 55.93%
  • PSU

21 35.59%
  • Other

3 5.08%
  • Something New

1 1.69%
  • Something Original

1 1.69%
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

PSO: Use your hands no matter what. Sword or spear in hand, you can still use spells, heals, w/e.

PSU: Stuck using a stick or a floating object thus having to constantly switch weapons to heal. buff and use other magic. Can be tedious with weapon lag.

FWI: Having all spells available while using any weapon is VERY convenient. Just at raise of a hand. All spells, one hand is the PSO way. It would make PSO Hunters AKA Wartechers or PSO Rangers AKA Guntechers a hell of a lot more conveniant.

FWI 2: Having 2-4 spells confined to a stick can lead to problems with weapon lag and such.

Would you like to see the PSO way implemented in PSU?

PSO way or PSU way? Which do ye prefer? Choose wisely.

Oh and leave me outta this discussion. Fight amongst yourselves. I'm just providing details, AKA, the messenger.

I'm not sure, it was nice being able to cast independently, but having the energy consumption weapon bound isn't too bad, out of PP? switch wands.

They take forever to load though, I wish I could just cast buffs from the menu like I used to in PSO.

Ok, so you made a topic and you advocate that we start flaming eachother? Strange. But I have to say that PSO and PSU are different games and as such there is no need for them to be the same. I like that they changed it up in PSU to really restrict how you can use TECHs, though I also loved how PSO implemented TECH use. PSU did something different, is that such a bad thing?

With PSO's technique system, you were restricted to just a few techniques on your palette (until Blue Burst with that number bar thing at the bottom of the screen), but it was convenient being able to cast barehanded. (Am I remembering correctly that you could even cast with your feet if you were holding something like twin mechguns? I seem to recall kicking outward to cast Resta. ) But, I prefer PSU's TECHNIC system since you can potentially have many more TECHNICs at your disposal, plus as Ronin mentioned, individual weapon PP is better than relying on your personal TP level.

Well, ignoring the obvious detail that PP is purely weapon-based now, I would definately prefer the weapon-independent PSO style. Bare-hands FOnewm speed ftw ;o
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

IDC...I dont mind casting from my shato's

Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

Never played PSO so w/e.

PSU

On 2008-04-08 12:17, ashley50 wrote:
    Never played PSO so w/e.

PSU
    PSO had a customizable action palette that let you set 6 different things, BB allowed you to use F keys as well, so it let you have like 18.

Normally you'd of course have normal and hard attacks, then whatever else, you could customize it as you saw fit and techniques weren't bound to your weapon in any way, though certain weapons could boost their power.

I could cast foie while using a rifle or twin daggers, for example, wand only served to provide bonus power to the techniques by increasing your MST, as well as your defensive stats.

PSU's system only bothers me at all because it forces me to get five wands instead of one.

Also I miss casting techs from mechguns and twin sabers. :<

On 2008-04-08 12:22, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
    PSO had a customizable action palette that let you set 6 different things, BB allowed you to use F keys as well, so it let you have like 18.

Normally you'd of course have normal and hard attacks, then whatever else, you could customize it as you saw fit and techniques weren't bound to your weapon in any way, though certain weapons could boost their power.

I could cast foie while using a rifle or twin daggers, for example, wand only served to provide bonus power to the techniques by increasing your MST, as well as your defensive stats.

PSU's system only bothers me at all because it forces me to get five wands instead of one.

Also I miss casting techs from mechguns and twin sabers. :<
    Yeah the PSO casting system was fun, but I feel that it served to help the fact that there was an emphasis on solo play due to Offline mode. PSU seems to be marketed exclusively for Online play, so the TECH system as it is now seems to put a bit more emphasis on Team memebers supporting one another, rather than everyone just casting Resta and Buffs on themselves when they feel like it. It is a kinda half-ased excuse to emphasize teamwork, though it does kinda work.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

What does "FWI" stand for? Sounds like an airport code.....

"C'mon kids, we have to pick grandma up from the airport!"
    "Is she coming in to Kissenger?"
    "No, she's coming into FWI"
    "Awwwww, I hate the parking at FWI...."