View Poll Results: PSO: Use your hands no matter what. Sword or spear in hand, you can still use spells, heals, w/e.

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • PSO

33 55.93%
  • PSU

21 35.59%
  • Other

3 5.08%
  • Something New

1 1.69%
  • Something Original

1 1.69%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Swing 20 pund weapons nearly continuously for as long as an hour at a time without fatiguing? Launching large robots halfway across the room with said weapons? I doubt this.

weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons

This isnt dragon ball Z. They run around with photon weapons for a reason. If they didn't need them then the Knuckle weapon would simply be Bare Fists.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-08 16:38 ]</font>

On 2008-04-08 16:37, RemiusTA wrote:
    weapons weapons weapons weapons weapons

This isnt dragon ball Z. They run around with photon weapons for a reason. If they didn't need them then the Knuckle weapon would simply be Bare Fists.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-08 16:38 ]</font>
    *ahem*

Spinning Strike, final hit in the full combo, is the kick lobby emoticon.

Coincidentally, it is quite hilarious to send a foe flying away with a kick to the face.

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

On 2008-04-08 16:33, RemiusTA wrote:
    I know people who can swing 20 pound weapons.

I highly doubt they can punch through concrete, though.
    Can they slay a dragon? If they can't slay a dragon, they can't be used for a comparison.

Not just slay a dragon, they have to do it easily.

PSO>PSU, because even on an amazing system, this game is so poorly coded that even on lowest graphic settings, a relatively up to date video card, and 2 gigs of memory, you encounter severe lag (Mother brain FTL!) and then there is the horrid lag caused once again by shoddy programming that causes my resta to hit AFTER I'm dead, or a attack to do damage to me several second after it 'hits' etc. Switching systems helps, but only so much.

I hate loading times for psu, and needed a lot of wands/rods wasting my space when in pso I could use any tech with a saber or something.
    (And if the lag is bad enough my char randomly high-fives with his weapon equipped for no damn reason XD)
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Barehanded was awesome. The damage cancel online wasn't.

I liked PSO's system better, but explaining why kinda delves outside of what the OP asked for. Buuuuut, because we're on the intrawebz, your gonna see it anyway

I liked the idea of only really needing one or two weapons period. That way, you could make the really good weapons much more rare because once you found one, you really didn't need to hunt any more. But now you have to hunt 3-4 psycho wand boards, 1.3 stacks of diads and 40 relic edges to get by.

And back on topic i like it more when your casting from a mana pool that is from your character. Not your weapon, that way only the higher level characters can/should be able to use high mp (tp/pp) spells often. Besides, what really is stoping hunters and gunners from casting spells now? It seems like their inabliity to hold a rod, which is stupid cause if you can hold a spear, you can hold a rod.

GT: Seriyu

Telina 140/20 ForteTecher
    Seiryuu 78/10 ForteGunner
    Isis 130/20 ForteFighter
    Moose 1/1

On 2008-04-08 14:25, RemiusTA wrote:

Bare Hands casting really was just for looking cool anyway. In PSO it was completely inefficient.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-04-08 14:31 ]</font>
    I disagree. Barehanded made it cast like you were wearing a Quick/unit on a Fonewman. Usually unless a weapon gives a butload in the magic department, i sticked around with barehand and annihilated the enemy.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0