Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Hello there, I'm thinking about purchasing this game. I played the original PSO on Dreamcast...heh I really wanted to get this when it came out, but some MMOs got in the way. Just had a few questions.

Is there still MAGs to level up? Where can I find a description of all the jobs? How friendly is the game to new players, will it be hard to find others to play with? Is cheating and duping still going on?

Thanks in advance.

Mags from PSO are now weapons in PSU - Ranged & Casting weapons.
    Look in this sticky's Beginners section for guides on class info
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...388&forum=22&0
    Also, see these recent topics about coming back to a new AoI..
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...730&forum=20&9
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...786&forum=20&8
    http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.p...13&forum=20&26

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-04-16 08:35 ]</font>
    Blink & you might miss it! ;3

Oh, keep sig at 600x180 px & 49KB, yah?

It depends on what server ur gona be on. There's alot more people on the 360, then the PS2/PC server. It is probly alittle easier to find a party on the 360 server, but there r alot of dbags on the 360. But it is fairly easy to find a party in PSU.
    Gamertag: MR CauSe iM GoD ID: 30054283

The game seems difficult at the beginning but once you get the jist of things and how to play the player market things get a lot of easier. As for cheating and duping, things aren't as bad as it was on dreamcast, wait... Thats not saying much considering Dreamcast was pretty bad. Its not as bad as it was for the Gamecube iterations of the game which where a hell of a lot better then the Dreamcast. The only real problem if any is scammers and such but generally their quite easy to avoid as long as your cautious and have a brain.

PSU is also quite Harcore Casual. You can play for a few mins, get some stuff done and feel cery accomplish, so that means you don't have to quite whatever MMO it is your playing unless the monthly fee of 10.99 or whatever it is is too much for you. The 360 servers have a greater population then PC servers but I personally find the population issue to be a moot one these days since everyone will just flock to the same lobby and spam the same mission in till a new flavor of the month is dropped by Sega. Only difference is PC has more of a community feel to it while 360 invokes a sense of anomie.

Also I recommend you don't even consider playing on PS2. You won't be able to enjoy the game as you should due to the inferior hardware of the ps2 and shoddy coding of Sega.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."

I was mainly looking for something to play the next 30 days while I wait for Age of Conan. Thanks for the responses, I'll start reading those FAQs in the Beginner's section.

So, it mean you are going to play only 30 days then quit?

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server

If I can get into it like I did PSO back in the day, I'll play longer. I'm looking at the April thread of pics/videos and it has me really excited. I can't wait for my copy to come in, I wish Sega had digital download.

On 2008-04-16 07:40, Sakrafyce wrote:
    I was mainly looking for something to play the next 30 days while I wait for Age of Conan. Thanks for the responses, I'll start reading those FAQs in the Beginner's section.
    I can't wait for AoC either. I'm not quitting PSU though. I realllllly hope AoC doesn't get delayed again. And btw, PSU is totally different than MMOs like AoC.
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.

I know they're different.

Oh I had another question, I bought the original game, should I have purchased the expansion first?

Yes
    Nothing is sacred. Not that it ever was.