So I've looked on PSOW and the PSU Official Forums for an answer to this question. All the replies I see to people having this problem is to just turn Post Effects off. It doesn't seem to happen online for anyone, but I'm not able to play online at the moment.

My display device is: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family. Let me know if there's any other information needed so I can solve this problem.

On 2008-04-16 14:10, Cavarcous wrote:
    My display device is: Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family. Let me know if there's any other information needed so I can solve this problem.
    Your problem doesn't stem from the game.

I've bolded the real culprit above.
    Creator of Tethealla, Administrator of Ephinea.

I didn't think it stemmed from the game, but judging by your answer, it doesn't seem like I can fix it. I've been told before that I most likely can't replace my video card, so I guess I'm stuck with this glitch.

Anyone else have actual suggestions?

I don't think it is a wholly card based glitch. I have the Intel 950 gm card but the game used to work fine for me. I recently formatted my hard disk after a crash and installed WinXP (I did have Vista). After installing the new OS I reinstalled AotI and get the same post effects glitch that the OP has. I think it has something to do with XP, or at least a combination of XP and other factors. The fact that the problem only occurs offline further indicates that the graphics card isn't to blame.

I hope someone knows a permanent fix for this.

What exactly do you mean by glitch?
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Like mentioned in the original post, all glowing objects (weapons, etc) are duplicated above the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Qreg View Post
    Like mentioned in the original post, all glowing objects (weapons, etc) are duplicated above the character.
    It wasn't mentioned. Furthermore, the picture which is there now didn't load for me when I read the thread.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

Sorry, I wasn't trying to seem rude. I guess I was just relying on the picture. The glitch causes all the post effects glowing to appear twice on the screen. Here's a screenshot. Hopefully it works because it is a hard problem to explain.

Ah you have that screw up too, 'eh? So do I. The only way to get rid of it is to turn off the post effects in the options menu when you first boot up the game, before you choose which mode you are going to play.

Oddly enough this "glitch" will only appear offline, not online.

So turn it off when you're offline and on when you are on.

Hope this helps you out. That's how I have dealt with it.
    Real Heroes do not fight wars. They are born to prevent them.

Sorry for the horrible quality!
    Kenneth Silver - Male - Human - Former Guardian... for now.