Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

It looks like fire, it burns like fire, and when wearing Fire Armor in the past the damage would be reduced. BUT...I've been running MAG with a number of elemental armors, one of which is Ground to ward off buffed Vanda smashes-o-doom. I also use it for the first part of caves to lessen all the annoying tick damage I get from the Navas. Now, sometimes I forget to switch to my Fire Armor for the big room full of Vanda and Grass Assassins. I've noticed that when I use my Fire Armor I take a ton of damage anyway and either scrape through by the skin of my teeth or end up getting Firebreath'd to death in that last area. When I forget to switch, my damage taken is greatly reduced. This makes me think that the Haxfoie is not an actual spell, it's just a special attack that carries the element of the enemy casting it. The normal Vandas obviously are fire affinitied, but the Vanda Orgas are not. That's why the Ground Armor can prove so much more effective.

Synopsis
    Vanda Orgas do less damage when you wear Earth Armor instead of Fire.

Any thoughts?

<--Needs ground armor. And my fire armor is one of the elements least likely to cause me problems. Boomas are weak.
    Coming Soon!

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

You performed the test, but are your fire and ground line shields similar? I mean, if you have a 12% 7* fire line shield and a 46% 10* ground line shield, the ground would still perform better in the above situation.

Sounds right; same concept with Ikk Hikk, spits fire, but does whichever element your Knuckles are..

I'm not at home to test your theory, but the reason *I* wear fire armor isn't just because of the Damfoie-like attack, it's those fireballs they throw! Have you noticed if their fireballs are considered fire attacks or not?

Sig art by Aussei ^_^

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

On 2008-04-30 14:25, Randomness wrote:
    <--Needs ground armor. And my fire armor is one of the elements least likely to cause me problems. Boomas are weak.
    AWESOME ADDITION THE CONVERSATION!!!!!!

With vanda orgas their breath attack is the same element as they are, the two foie-like flinging attacks are fire element.

On 2008-04-30 14:27, JAFO22000 wrote:
    You performed the test, but are your fire and ground line shields similar? I mean, if you have a 12% 7* fire line shield and a 46% 10* ground line shield, the ground would still perform better in the above situation.
    I noticed this when using my Fighgunner, and she has three Crimson Lines: 50% Ground, 30% Fire, and ~28% Dark. I haven't tested against the Fireballs yet seeing as I never stay in place long enough for them to tag me often, so I shall once I'm done finding something to eat.

EDIT: Looks like Golto answered that question for me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2008-04-30 14:33 ]</font>

Mechanized Combat Engineer Freshellent's Avatar

I've wondered about that actually. Interesting.

Ol' Bruce likes to catch that leaping Foie attack with his face I noticed.
    Veteran of the former Universe 11. PSO2 -Ship 02-

Dang, I will probably test this out tonight.
    Work hard, play harder.