Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

As you all know by now, X-Box PSO was shut down a week earlier than the promised shutdown date. This denied all the X-Box players their final week of PSO. But X-Box will not be denied its last hurrah. X-Box's online mode is going out in style with one last X-Box PSO event:

The Last Hurrah - A Tribute to X-Box PSO

April 30th was to be the last day of X-Box service, and that shall be the date of this final hurrah. It works as follows: Throughout the day on April 30th, we go through the offline areas of the game in tribute to X-Box PSO. You post your progress here in this topic whenever you reach a fitting checkpoint, such as beating a boss, reaching a certain location you are fond of, finding a special item, anything.

Although gameplay wise your character is alone, you are not truely alone. Although you can not see them, you have an entire legion of hunters fighting alongside you, doing the same areas, and fighting the same enemies that you are. The more people we can arrange to "play together" by doing the same area at the same time, the better. Attacks on Falz and Olga, bolstered by the spirit and voice of the entire community.

This is in celebration of our X-Box hunters, and the adventures they had in their corner of Pioneer 2. This is a tribute to them, and everything they went through over the years. And this is their last hurrah. This is their chance to play with the good wishes and spirites of not only their fellow X-box hunters, but hunters from all versions of PSO, united for a common goal. And this is their chance to share their thoughts, feelings, and memories as we send X-Box online mode out in style, giving it the proper sendoff it deserved.

The X-Box PSO Tribute and Last Hurray Runs, Wednesday all day, April 30th.

Sounds like a good idea. I used to play Xbox pre-PSU, but I don't have the game anymore. But I suppose I could participate with this on the private server and post SS's, forest to falz run.
    Turbosig.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

Cranberry, thanks for the PSO-X love. I will post as well.

I would love to take part in this on the 30th but unfortunatly I'm stuck working and can't play until friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone elses adventures though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Freeze on 2008-04-29 03:12 ]</font>

]The Ragol Trilogy: Ragol's Gift, Ragol's Curse, Ragol's Legacy GT Xbox One: Eries Fury

I'll try my best
    Any particular area/difficulty to start?

Forest to Falz. Temple to Olga. This is a 24 hour festival that will begin and end on Midnight, PST. I encourage everyone to participate as much as they like, its perfectly okay and understandable if you can't do it all. You can of course play any area I like, but I encourage you to finish up by defeating Falz and/or Olga as a tribute and sendoff to PSOX's online mode. I'll post a special message at the end of this farwell party at 4/30 24:00 PST, the official time the servers were supposed to close.

This celebration of PSOX begins at midnight tonight, Pacific Standard Time. All are welcome, and all are encouraged to share their throughts, feelings, and reactions as we give online PSOX a proper farewell party to celebrate its life.

It's not often that you hear from me on this, but I'm definately in on this since the server got shafted.

I will play tomorrow. Odds are it will be late at night, but I will play.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

This has now officially started. The X-Box tribute is underway. Please, do not hesitate to post your thoughts, feelings, and let us know how your games are going as we celebrate PSO-X's online mode and explore Ragol, backed by the support of every hunter on Pioneer 2.

Hucast w/no breakfast kevlar_pso's Avatar

I turned my Xbox on and first tried to get online. Same error 101 message, so I did a quick Ultimate Forrest run w/my Blueful HUcast. During my run I realized that I would not be able to ever send some1 a cross game invite from PSO, I would not ever get a simple mail and the chat log would only ever consist of anything I typed.

I finished the run and only gained about 45K exp. I could have been in a Max Attack 1 run and doubled that in the same amount of time. Talk about depressing. . . .