Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Wartecher

So how many people still play this class and what do you play this class as. My main was a human wartecher prior to the expansion but I wanna try beast wartecher, do you think that is a bad combo? I personally think instead of giving wartecher that stupid long sword they should have given them A-rank double sabers, I feel wartecher would have been a real awesome class if they would have been given doubles.

I very much enjoy the Wartecher. It's my most efficient class for my newman. Good Melee ability, semi-decent ranged choices, good Tech ability, semi-decent support. Doesn't exactly excel at anything specifically, but overall is a great combination. Especially for Solo ;o
    They'll be getting Lvl.30 Support Technics in the future too, which makes me even more excited =D
    And the whole Double Sabers... meh, Wartecher has the lowest ATA out of all the Fighter classes. I like how they palette is.

I play as a beast WT on one of my characters.
    Crank that Gudda hon. Crank that resta. (crank that resta 2 or 3 more times on account of lowish TP) and than crank that Nanoblast. Thats how it works ( for me at least).

I'm a little scared to try a Beast Wartecher. I'm sure it's doable but... Lowest ATA fighter class combined with lowest ATA race (and in my case lowest ATA due to female) ... I recall playing the FOmar all too well... Lowest ATA caused me to die a lot... because I would THINK that I could hit someone and interrupt them before they destroy me, but then the MISS Popped up as I ate it >_>
    That and as a newman, I still have very formidable ATP combined with my good ATA and TP/MST, It's just a perfect balance in my opinion. I'm sure humans pull it off well, but I notice that newmans tend to have a fair balance between what they can dish out on Melee almost as equally as they can in Techs as a Wartecher. I would think a human would tend to lean more toward the melee option; having techs as a great backup.

I've played my Cast as a WT and really like it... seems like the best job for messing around with attack techs on a low-TP race, they do competitive damage with guns and even come on par with melee (for overall speed/convenience) when you're facing a resistant enemy.

Beasts are easiest to equip as WT, thanks to Gudda Hon. Otherwise you're looking for Twin Bearclaw or Gudda Iggac in order to have full elements on your melee S-ranks. I don't see how ATA is much of an issue, techs don't need it at all and knuckles come with so much it's just silly.
    with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

I'm a human wartecher, and I'm still enjoying it very much I play mostly offensively, so getting level 30 support will be the first time I've cast buffs in a long while. I'm very excited about getting level 21+ debuffs though, since it's going to help so much in close combat.

I like us getting swords better than double sabers, but that's probably because I like the sword PAs much better.

As a human wartecher, the tech damage is still there... but melee proves to be the champion unless the mob is really melee resistant.

I haven't heard too many bad things about beast wartecher, but I believe it's a class you try after you have built up character levels. This event would be a great time to level up the beast's wartecher job... since you could get to the positive ATA side (18 + type levels) while everyone's a bit more care free on groups. Plus, knuckles are waiting for you to help offset the low ATA =)
    Technic Linking for Wartechers

Advanced Combat tricks made by Wartechers to spice up technics and melee alike!

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

How are wartecher attack techs anyway? One would assume that, because they can't use rods, their tech damage is easily outdone by their melee game. Even as a newman acrotecher, I was doing more damage overall with my blades until I got a Har.

My main (f. beast) plays around with WT some. It's actually one of my favorite classes. I like it for its concept more so than it's actual awesomeness though, and I think it's gimp'd compared to the other classes. It's not aware of its identity... "Am I more so a techer, or more so a fighter?" ST didn't do a good job at defining it, in my opinion.

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

M Cast, lv120/10WT ... my Ra-tech damage for example was anywhere from 275 (no attempt to use positive modifiers) up to 650 (proper element on stacked wand, Sori/TECH Charge) which is comparable to melee damage against resistant targets, and the lv20 bullets I was using. It's my favorite fighting class in missions with robots.

That was only with techs in the mid-teens, I'd expect them to top out a good bit higher than that.

with great hat comes great responsibility
    Jagdpanzer lv130 M CAST - PT20 | FG20 | FF20 | Mewn Fan

As WT 10 is a requirement for being a Master Force, I leveled up my character to WT 10 then gave up the job......

Newman WT is no good for me. If I want to use melee, why not use a beast? If I want to use techniques, being a FT (later the MF) is enough.