Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Well, it's beta testing time!

I have finished making the Mag Raising program!
    I'm gonna make a webpage in the next few days to show you what it's like with some features lists, a bug reporter, and screenies. hopefully a forum too.

The features so far:
    -Load/Save feature for your custom mags
    -Tells you how many of each item you fed the mag from the beggining
    -Shows you the mag picture
    -Shows what photon blasts you will get
    -Shows what abilities the mag gets
    -Tells you what feeding each item will give to your mag
    -The mag properly evolves (hopefully ) according to it's stats, owner, and section ID. I have yet to add Ep 1 & 2 mags and the > 45 dex mags to the database.

Basic rundown: you make a mag on your comp. I'm adding some more features soon as i get some time and feedback. Here are some up-comings:
    -A what-your-mag-will-be-eventually going by what your mag is and what it's stats are
    -Better file structure and displays
    -Bug fixes
    -Database corrections and spelling errors
    -Help files
    -Restructuring of the program for clerity so i can eventually release the code to you avid programmers out there

Anyways, if anyone is interested in this program and wishes to help me beta test the program, please let me know either here on the board, my AIM screen name (HexiDave) or my email ([email protected])

I will be posting the page here as soon as i get the page finished. I want it to look a little better and have good structure.

-Rykomi

Wielder of Divine Might

What does it do? I don't really get it.

It's a computer program that creates a mag on the computer and lets you feed it and you can see how it evolves from what you feed it. It's a mag planning program on the computer. You can use the info from the program to raise a mag on PSO.

By tomorrow i should have a basic website for you to see what it's like by way of screenshots. It's being messed with in the Java Chat.

I'm not gonna give links out now, i'd rather clean up some bugs first.

Figures somebody would make something like that, right after I spent half the day making something similar... ^_^

Ah well, yours is probably better, from what you described. Besides, people keep telling me some combinations of stats don't work right (but they don't tell me which combinations those are, so I can't fix it).

is there a similar program but not web-based?
    something like an independent file you can download.
    i hope its mac-friendly...

First, it is NOT Mac friendly right now, but i know a trick to make it Mac friendly. I despise Macs, but i'm a programmer and will do what i can to help.

2nd, my program has some combos that don't work. It's not fully finished yet, though. It's only in beta stage just to see what the bugs occur when it's run or if it crashes for strange reasons. I've already got a long list of things i'm gonna be doing to the program before i release it. As of right now, i haven't included the > 45 def mags and the Ep 1&2 mags. I'm getting there

I should have a working page up by tonight so you can look at the program and download it and test it out. It's very accurate thus far, and most of the flaws i already know about.

Btw: your php program is nice mine does do more, but yours is great just the same.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rykomi on 2003-01-22 04:00 ]</font>

i'll help you test it out if able to be run on windows 98.

i'll help you test it out if able to be run on windows 98.

Ok, i could only get a quick link page up today. just read the info and click the links like it says and all will be well. Site is here: http://www16.brinkster.com/esnscout/mag.htm

KEEP IN MIND! This is only the beta and it isn't top-notch yet. I've got a lot of stuff to do still but i wanna see what you think and what bugs you can find.

Post comments/suggestions here plz.

-Rykomi

I have tested the program. It is awesome.

Download for playing around or to build your ultimate mag.

Bwa!
    Mr. Sassy Baskets
    Level 25 Newman Ranger/Guntecher
    Mrs. Butter Stacks
    Level 30 Cast Fortefighter