II - PSU related stuff

Spoiler!

III - DDO comic project

Not started yet.

IV - Random Photoshop crap and other stuff

Last edited by Rust; Jun 14, 2009 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Title

*MOVED FROM FIRST POST*

Alright folks, here i go with my stuff.
    I finally gave up to the pressure due to qoxolg's constant mailbox spam and threatening blackmails and decided to post some things there. D°'
    After a rather long break from drawing (around two to three years without drawing anything), getting my hands on a Wacom tablet finally convinced me to get back on drawing (that and the fact i'm a selfish attention whore). Hence, thought it would be good to show off some pieces of what i've made back in the days, before posting any new stuff. I probably will have to re-practice everything after such a long break, anyways. Don't expect anything f*ckin' awesome on the past and future drawings you're about to see, also.

Starting off with some paper stuff, most of it has been made during classes at high school, when i was bored, so they usually were made in the margin and so on (thus, the small size for some of them). By the way, they're all made with pen 'cause i never had patience to finish anything if i started sketching it on pencil first.

Spoiler!

Next the computer graphics one. Not made on Photoshop, but on online applets (PaintBBS / ShiPainter) on things called oekakiboards. Then, the size, number of layers and tools were very limited - those i'm planning to do in the near future will be on Photoshop though, so i can go on a cleaner lineart and so on. As it was on a board, don't mind all the "dedications" to other members on the draws, especially the B-Day ones. Last note : all made with a mouse. Here they are, even the shittiest (i'm gonna try to sort them in chronological order - most ancient first, and newest last) :

Spoiler!

And last but not least, some random Photoshop stuff, implying cutting / pasting things together and all.

Spoiler!

Here it is... So like said, i'm gonna try to make some new stuff anytime soon but the first ones are going to suck, i predict.
    Also, i'm not gonna draw stuff on a regular basis, this will whenever i feel like drawing some. Drawing something that doesn't look aweful consumes a very big lot of my time, and i have very short patience. As the long break i took probably stated it by itself, drawing isn't my top priority in my free time. Though i did this thread because i want to draw again for four reasons :
    1. Improving my techniques, so i can...
    2. ...make my own illustrations for my paper RP game.
    3. Like said, i'm an attention whore, which brings me to the fourth and last stage :
    4. The community here, in this Fan Works section, is a bit small but seems quite strong (in terms of reliability) and i have the hope i will anytime be skilled enough to collaborate with one or some of the people hanging around there. (It happens rarely, but sometimes insanity can make the dreams come true.)

(Phew, this post was the most tedious i ever made... °x )
    Last edited by Rust; Aug 14, 2008 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Update, woot...

That Cait Sith one is really good.
    Success is not the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.

Rust came out of the closet. D:

Heh, you've got some good pieces there. Aaand..you've got alot of creativity XD When it comes to suspicious monsters, you win the day.

I finally gave up to the pressure due to qoxolg's constant mailbox spam and threatening blackmails and decided to post some things there. D°'

i have the hope i will anytime be skilled enough to collaborate with one or some of the people hanging around there.
    PICK ME!! PICKME!!

But seriously, like I already said on MSN before: You got plenty of talent, it's mostly a lack of time spent on the pics. Also the tablet and better software (photoshop) will help alot to improve.

By the way.. if you don't like to spent lot's of time drawing, you should learn how to speedpaint. There are quite enough video tutorials out there.

Well keep 'em coming!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: qoxolg on 2008-05-06 23:29 ]</font>

Got some guts... on my dagger Kelvie's Avatar

zOMG NOES, not that, pleaaaase!

Also, before anyone else say it : the cake is a lie.

The "dead zone 315 emergency" drawing, I like it.

http://a206.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...357e064a15.jpg

Space Marine? Im guessing, partly because of the 'Talos' in some of the images too I'm just saying it looks like a Space Marine, because of the robes/breathing apparatus, as is the common gothic style of WH40K art. If it's a Chaos Marine, or indeed something else, I apologise

I'd give yourself more credit anyway, some of those drawings are pretty decent, just maybe spend a bit more time on them and refine them a little?

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Glad you posted your drawings man
    I really like Mephisto. Nice details and good coloring I'd say. I think you can get the hang of framing things better so they look hella nice

Heh, you've got some good pieces there. Aaand..you've got alot of creativity XD When it comes to suspicious monsters, you win the day.
    I have to admit, weird-looking creatures and random aberrations are my favourite stuff when it comes to drawing something. I should work for ST and design their stupid-looking mobs.

By the way.. if you don't like to spent lot's of time drawing, you should learn how to speedpaint. There are quite enough video tutorials out there.
    Here's the big deal : i'm too much of a perfectionist, but i have very short patience at the same time. Hence, i like things with lot of details, good linework and all, then i never considered the speedpaint as an alternative - this always will be lacking of the details i want, IMO. And on another hand, my patience is getting shorter as i'm progressing on a drawing i'm doing, so i guess that's the first thing i have to train rather than the techniques in themselves. I kinda managed to train my patience regarding online games, that's must doable for drawing as well.
    That will sound ewww for you, but on the CG ones, i usually spent three to four more times on the linework than on the coloring in itself. Really, those with no outlines at all, i made 'em in no time. "Primal Fears" has been made in like one hour and the little creepy head next to it in about 10 mins at most. I spent like hell of a bunch of hours on the Cait Sith, only for working on the linework (with a mouse is a pain in the ass), and after all that shit, the applet fucked up and merged all the layers together... Fun to color. <_ ;

Space Marine? Im guessing, partly because of the 'Talos' in some of the images too I'm just saying it looks like a Space Marine, because of the robes/breathing apparatus, as is the common gothic style of WH40K art. If it's a Chaos Marine, or indeed something else, I apologise
    Well, i guess it is probably a bit-inspired from the kind of artworks you mentioned, though i never been very into Warhammer universe - i was just supporting Tyranides teams because i just loved the whole concept of alien-like creatures invading planets by making their hive-like spaceships laying giant eggs filled with their troops on the land.
    I'm just kinda fond of all cybernetic / steampunk / post-apocalyptic stuff, so Space Marines are good references among others. As for the Talos thingy, it's actually my main alias on teh internet since i'm online, but it was already taken by someone else on PSOW so i picked one of my PSU characters name instead for login. It is nothing related to the Dark Eldar thing they released way after i picked it though. I kinda made it up by merging the words Talon with Protoss, back when i was playing Starcraft ; but i probably had read the word anywhere before without really paying attention, as it is also the evil god of storms and destruction in the Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms campaign setting (and i'm kind of a D&D veteran), as well as a giant iron golem forged by Hephaistos in greek mythology - anyhow, all those things are related to things i have interests in.

I really like Mephisto. Nice details and good coloring I'd say. I think you can get the hang of framing things better so they look hella nice
    Heh thanks. I'm quite satisfied of how he turned out. I had to draw it because every other player was associating the word 'demon' with 'huge reddish scaled creature with corrosive saliva and sharp claws'. It is planned i redraw it anytime, because of both Sayara's thread about 'remakes' and also as his appearance kinda evolved since i've drawn him (not in a very good way though, he's now heading towards the 'corrosive saliva and sharp claws' standards).

Also, before anyone else say it : the cake is a lie.
    You know you want to eat it. Or maybe that's the opposite ?

I write too much for crap. You still don't know it, but this thread isn't about art but about random stupid chitchatting. *puts sunglasses and pulls out the reddish lobotomisation light at readers*

hmm.. I have the exact opposite when drawing: I hate to just simply START.. the more I come to the end of the coloring the more I start to like doing it.. since the pic just starts to look awesome when your at 70% of finishing it.

Just remember that you somehow need to make the coloring fun yourself.

..uh..