Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Is the Spread Needle that good? I saw one today on a lvl 100(disclaimer i know he didnt cheat) but he wasnt doing no where the damage I was doing with a plain Shadow Spread +20 w/ 50% dark

Nick: Anything from the 'Mate' series usually works best. Later on, Trimates are a great investment.

Ghost: This happens a lot. Weapons with high % bonuses will always rock the house, Spread Needle or no Spread Needle... then again... A Needle with +50% dark...?

Personally, I'm all about normal weapons with high percents. For a while I was using a Soul Mace with +25% Machine +30% Dark, +15% Hit. It was the bomb.

Russian

"Weapons with high % bonuses will always rock the house, Spread Needle or no Spread Needle..."

Agreed. While I've got a couple of high-level nifty things (okay, I'm only lvl30, so my definition of 'high-level nifty stuff' is the same as a higher-level character's 'trash pile'), I always still keep coming back to ol' Bessie: my Shot +20 (raised her from a +6), 25% versus A.Beast, 35% versus Dark. With that, I was doing damage on par with a character 10 levels higher than me with a common 'nifty' weapon.

No comparing to a Spread Needle, perhaps, but fun nonetheless.

Wow JJ -

I want to thank you heartily... I was started to get disalusioned with my force... was starting a RAcast (who I still think is cool). But now I have gone back to my Force and started to beef up a Power mag... already got it up to lv 50. I got very lucky tho... When I got my mag to this point, I thought I should go back up my character. So I did (THANK GOD!). When I came back on, my system crashed in like 15 minutes, and the force was corrupted. Good god, I am so glad I read the posts about backing up characters. That would have been horrible.

Anyway, thank you for making me realize that I still have something to shoot for (with my force).

A quick question; I thought mags could only get 120 in a certain stat... is this not the case? I go by Mun-KEE Boy online, would love to hook up w/ you once.

Oh by the way -

On the topic of the Spread Needle... no one I know uses one. Also, I think if I ever encountered a situation like the one described above w/ a hunter tearing through w/ a spread needle, I think I would just leave. I think that weapon is a great way to say NO TEAMWORK! My ranger has a good compliment of weapons (VISK, CRUSH BULLET, GOD/ARMS) given to by my force, but I also keep some items w/ me that are just normal for level guns. I mean, if I am destroying EVERYTHING cuz of a good weapon, and I am playing w/ other people, I just switch to the weaker weapon. Its no fun when you cant even land a hit cuz the other person kills everything. That isnt called teamwork. In fact, it is the 'anti-teamwork'. Anyway, that is my thoughts.

The spread needle is a pretty lame weapon im glad they made it so rare i barely see any1 using this. Ive played with my friends which are rangers that have a spread needle and we use teamwork i dont know what u mean. He para. every1 and every1 else just finishes the job. The spread needles attack isnt very high you know. And i got my Soniti mag from a trade. You know a Soniti mag is gotten from using a mag cell maybe this had something to do with it. Today lets meet up ill stay on AIM and see if i see you. I have DSL so it doesnt use up my line.

The best item to feed any mag is a star atomizer, but it doesnt usually focus on one stat, but a more average increase. This is in general, consult the mag guide.

Look at it this way.....I have a hunter and I use the needle. Its heavy attack hits about 530 with NO affinities. Its heavy attack shoot s as rapidly as a shotgun's regular attack.

Now....whenever I play a game I kill mostly everything before my partners get anywhere near sword-swinging distance.

Just think about it.....how many weapons do 530 damage to about 5 targets across the room and shoot as fast as a standard weapon's normal attack?

And look at the bonus...you can always paralyze the whole friggin room with it...

THERE IS NO WEAPON THAT TOPS THIS, NONE.

i have a lvl 102 racasel
    FC: 1334-2796-3446

MSN: [email protected]

PM me if you want to play with me on PSZ

^It might be best to avoid bumping really old threads... especially one from 9 years ago =p

By the way, welcome to PSO-World!