Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Are you a parent? Do me a favor, stop buying fucking M rated games for your little snotnosed shit-for-brains kids. I'm tired of playing with them, they're fucking annoying.

Shouldn't you be buying them Barney or something? Or better yet, SPEND TIME WITH YOUR KIDS? Instead of getting high on meth and partying?

Fuck. You.

Thanks.

Post-rage Edit: The main reason I posted this is because I run a Garrys Mod server for myself, friends, and whoever else wants to join.

My problem is all these fucking kiddies that join, start yelling and screaming into their mic, and demand that I give them god mode, weapons, admin rights and whatever else they feel they're entitled to. When I tell them no, they attempt to crash the server or do whatever else they can to be disruptive and annoying. Good god, fuck all of them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Uncle_bob on 2008-05-09 19:21 ]</font>
    SUPER WIZARD EMPEROR

Happens all the time at my job. I end up telling kids "Um, you can't buy this, you need a parent" Sure enough, they'll know what game it is and still have no problem getting GTA for their 7 year old.

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

I agree- rather than suing video game makers, people should be turning towards the parents that purchase these games for the kids...

I can't stand things like that. Reason I don't let my kid sister play games like Halo or TimeSplitters Future Perfect. I see these idiot kids wanting an M-rated game, and when they can't get it, they get their parents to get it. Makes me pity the next generation.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

I'm waiting for the game dev/publisher to issue a counter-lawsuit against these fuckheads that buy mature games for their kids. Buying alcohol for minors is illegal, and selling a mature game to a minor isn't allowed; so why not counter-sue the parents/guardians who are going off the handle and issueing 'bans' on certain games?

"My kid played this and then went and hurt somebody, lawsuit!"
    "You bought your kid an m-rated game when they don't fit that bracket? Counter-lawsuit bitch, aswell as a check-in from child protective services from time to time to see just how good of a parent you really are since you can't read what equals a fucking warning label on a gamebox."

To every parent that buys their kid a mature or 'adult oriented' game and then bitches about the content; go give your kid a bottle of bleach to suck down and see what happens to your ass when the state finds out it was your fault. QQ bitches.
    Look, he did it again.

If or when I'm a momma, there's no chance of Hell that I'm buying my kids that are under thirteen m-rated games or stuff like that. If they're over thirteen and show some maturity, then I might let them play them. I was sixteen or fifteen when I started playing Resident Evil. I played Mortal Kombat even before then, and I think I came out fine (debatable maybe ). But who knows. Maybe laws and society will change before I have kids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-08 10:22 ]</font>

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

On 2008-05-08 09:27, ABDUR101 wrote:
    I'm waiting for the game dev/publisher to issue a counter-lawsuit against these fuckheads that buy mature games for their kids. Buying alcohol for minors is illegal, and selling a mature game to a minor isn't allowed; so why not counter-sue the parents/guardians who are going off the handle and issueing 'bans' on certain games?

"My kid played this and then went and hurt somebody, lawsuit!"
    "You bought your kid an m-rated game when they don't fit that bracket? Counter-lawsuit bitch, aswell as a check-in from child protective services from time to time to see just how good of a parent you really are since you can't read what equals a fucking warning label on a gamebox."

To every parent that buys their kid a mature or 'adult oriented' game and then bitches about the content; go give your kid a bottle of bleach to suck down and see what happens to your ass when the state finds out it was your fault. QQ bitches.
    Amen to that. My father never actually had to worry about this with me as I, of my own volition, didn't bother with T-rated games until I was around 11 or 12 (Skies of Arcadia, Grandia II), and M-rated games until I was 17 (Halo - by this point, the T and M ratings were already starting to be overused, and many M-rated games of the present were analogous to the T-rated games of the past).

...largely, this was because, as a kid, I had an "M for Moron" attitude. Many games rated above my age-range generally came off as being tailored for people even less mature than my little kid self anyway.

Well, I wasn't allowed to get T rated games till about 11 years old, and even then my mom didn't like them. I was allowed to get my first M rated game-RE4-When I was 12 because I'm a lot more mature than other kids, plus my friends all had it and i played it all the time anyway. Plus there's no way in hell i'd be stupid enough to try and do something I saw in a game. -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

On 2008-05-08 10:21, Kylie wrote:
    If or when I'm a momma, there's no chance of Hell that I'm buying my kids that are under thirteen m-rated games or stuff like that. If they're over thirteen and show some maturity, then I might let them play them. I was sixteen or fifteen when I started playing Resident Evil. I played Mortal Kombat even before then, and I think I came out fine (debatable maybe ). But who knows. Maybe laws and society will change before I have kids.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-08 10:22 ]</font>
    More likely your own perspective will change when you have kids. When they're theoretical you look at raising kids like "This is how my parents were and it was great" or "this is how I wish my parents were"

When you have your own kids, and you're looking at them... well then it's just different. Then you'd cut off an arm to keep them innocent just a little while longer- no matter how mature they are.

At least that's how I feel, and I really think it's how most really good parents feel.

The ones who buy their kids M games and use the excuse "my kid's mature for his age" or "He'll get it anyway, at least this way I know what he's playing" are just looking for excuses to be hands off parents. Video game babysitters FTW!!!

I have a problem, my baby cousin keeps wanting me to play RE4 so he can watch me play it and yet he's terrified of it. What the hell is his problem?

He also keeps holding an object shaped like a gun and keeps saying "BOOM." Is this bad?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Vanzazikon on 2008-05-08 13:23 ]</font>