Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

So my HUmar sits at level 112, and has hit somewhat of a roadblock, since good drops aren't coming my way and I'm still trying to raise that damn Rati.

While it crawls its way into godhood, what other class should I try in the meantime - Rangers or Forces? What would be a good ID for either? Also, is there a way to find out which ID I'll get? I remember something about names being related to section IDs, but while 'Zephyr' was assigned a Skyly in PSO, it was instead given the Oran section ID in BB.

MOO! I like cheese.

well maybe you should start with a ranger because they have decent atp and forces are difficult to use also you should try a RAmarl or RAcast ramarls have good techs and good atp and also the 2nd most evp or first cant realy remember. and for RAcasts they have almost as much atp as HUmars and he has good traps also the 2nd most hp RAcaseals have the most hp tho

A Viridia Ranger is a VERY good combination. Pretty much anything you can find is able to be used by it.

And BB uses a different calculator than GC/DC/PC.

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Kitty the Tigergirl Aisha_Clan-Clan's Avatar

It depends on what versions you have. Forces can't do much damage in Ultimate for Pso Dc ver2(There's a patch for Pso pc), In Ep1&2, they do amazing steady damage after a while. Transfering items help.
    =~.^=

True. What version do you play?

Hunters Guild Group
    Alex - BrHu | Satsuki - RaGu | Keiko - SuTe

Well personally I'd go with RAmarl since they have better techs than a HUmar, and will get you some better force training than any other class for when you try out forces.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Yeah, Go for a RAmar/RAmarl. They have a low ATP which makes them semi hard to use, but they are still pretty fun. Greenill would be the best, or Purplenum.

After that Try out a FO cause they are really hard to use. I personally hate using anything other than a HU/RAcast. I hate techs.
    GC Characters:
    Drakkel SKYLY 150 HUcast
    PR1M3 WHITILL 53 RAcast
    Trac PURPLNUM 31 RAmar
    Xec YELLOWBOZE 5 HUmar

Hmm. Both Rangers and Forces seem appealing... But I think for now I'll go with a Ranger and probably start with a Force shortly after. My only doubt would be if I should go with the RAmar/marl for some Technique use or instead choose RAcast/caseal for the novelty of traps instead of Techniques.

And now that I've found an online section ID calculator, it's all good. The first name I tried for my character was a Viridia, provided the calculator isn't worthless

I'm playing Blue Burst, by the way.

Again, if you're going force after using a ranger, go with ramarl since they have the best techs for a ranger and will therefore give you more experience with using techs.
    Quote Originally Posted by loukaras View Post
    PSO-World is a game?

Actually, both Ramar and Ramarl have great ATP, some of the highest solo ATP in the game (mostly because of their respective Shiftas), especially paired with the two (by far) highest ATA stats in the game, and the ability to use and equip guns earlier than other classes. They are also both very easy to get used to and play with, and the extra ATA easily sets you farther apart from the other characters very quickly, never letting them catch up; especially on Blue Burst, where you have access to Ranger Wall after level 40, and only takes about 15 to 30 minutes to get, since it is a minigame reward. Coming from a HUmar it isn't an extreme change except for the simple fact that they are easier to play with, they are both stronger, and are also better characters (as far as killing things - with or without a party - goes). In fact, the only thing that truly restricts them is lack of traps in situations where you would like to lay a trap. That doesn't mean they can't get by without them (it is easy enough as it is), it is just the single thing that keeps them from being stronger than the other characters in every way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: redtide on 2008-05-13 16:13 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: redtide on 2008-05-13 16:17 ]</font>