Thread: Rukmin?

I did a quick browsing yesterday and found RAmarls will get the Rukmin evolution at mag level 100. However, what would a good way to develop a Mag for a RAmarl? I was thinking of going 10/100/50/40 in the long run but I'm unsure: is pumping Def on the mag helpfull or will the bonus be negligible? Similarly, I wonder if Dex should be even higher than 50 for the ATA.

Thoughts?

Personally I think it's wasteful. I think DEF only gives you 1 point per level whereas POW and MIND add 2 points per level. In this case you're better off adding using other equipment to boost your defense up. Armor, Shields and Units should be enough to keep you strong

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2008-05-14 08:40 ]</font>

Good point

I was also looking at some charts and guides, and one recommendation points out a 10/125/40/25 mag, presumably because the ATP is much needed for RAmarls later on while ATA is already high enough. My question is, sacrificing those 10 DEF and spreading them elsewhere, would it be better to invest the remaining in POW (ATP) or MIND (MST)? At lower levels the boost to MST might help learning some Techs earlier but in the later levels will 50 extra MST points matter that much?

I don't think MST is necessary for a RAmarl. So long as you've got enough for decent techs. It's not as though you're going FO with that Spread Needle

On 2008-05-14 08:52, Acrise wrote:
    I was also looking at some charts and guides, and one recommendation points out a 10/125/40/25 mag, presumably because the ATP is much needed for RAmarls later on while ATA is already high enough.
    That sounds about right.

On 2008-05-14 08:52, Acrise wrote:
    My question is, sacrificing those 10 DEF and spreading them elsewhere, would it be better to invest the remaining in POW (ATP) or MIND (MST)? At lower levels the boost to MST might help learning some Techs earlier but in the later levels will 50 extra MST points matter that much?
    Well... you can only sacrifice 5 of those 10 DEF points since all mags start off at 5 DEF. It's better to invest in Power though.

Mind is useless IMO since all it's going to be good for is healing slightly more when it comes to resta. You can easily step out of a room and use it multiple times if you need to. If the stats help you get a rare mag, then sure I guess it could be useful. Otherwise I wouldn't bother with mind.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jaspaller on 2008-05-14 09:51 ]</font>

Ack! Correct once again, forgot about the initial 5 DEF mags carry

So I guess the plan would be to start with a 5/0/0/0. Following the Viridia formula, I'll need to consider DEF+DEX = POW+MIND. With those starting 5 and with 95 mag levels to go, I think I'll go 5/45/40/0 if possible, then rampage on POW the remaining levels to get 5/145/40/0 and skip MIND altogether.

I'll be doing some calculations and prolongued testing to see how it goes

5/145/40/0 would be a level 190 mag