Hybrid View

So, I go to my mom's friend's house for a party along with my dad. Now, I'll tell you that everyone except for 1 black dude and 1 Asian dude are Latino/Hispanic. There, I'm chatting with this friend of mine who's pretty cool, and he has this girlfriend who's like 22. Another friend comes, and I see this dude has a girlfriend who looks no older than me, and she's pregnant. Then the guy goes on to tell us that this pregnant girl had a child when she was 17, 5 years ago. This means that she's the same age as the other girl who doesn't have any children and isn't pregnant. Now, these middle-aged women tell the non-pregnant girl something in the lines of "You're already 22? What the hell are you doing? Hurry up and get a baby!"

Then they turn to me, a guy who's going to college, speaks horrible Spanish, speaks pretty good Japanese, 21 years old, single, virgin. They tell me "What the hell are you doing in school? You should drop out, get a job, and get married. 21 is way too old to be single and not have kids." Then they criticize my knowledge of the Japanese language. They start saying "When the hell are you going to use that Japanese? You think you're going to Japan?" They then start saying like Latinos are the only people I ever talk to, which they are not, and even if they are, I talk to them in English just as I do with my Black, White, and Asian friends.

I mean, they're telling us to get married and have babies early. Not only do they have no right to tell us how to run our lives, but it's really self-destructive to get married / pop babies at an early age, your life is ruined if you do that kind of shit. I have too much to live for and I'm not going to ruin it by having a family this early.

Street Fighter IV: Chun Li, Ryu
    King of Fighters XII: Terry, Kim, Kyo
    BlazBlue: Litchi, Noel

meh.... ppl are ignorant period. everywhere u go ur going to have to deal with ppl say bull like that. just forget what they're saying and do what u feel is right

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Once you graduate and get a well paying job, they'll treat you like some sort of prince. Mexicans and most hispanics are a very simple people, they tend not to look too deeply into the future.
    Heh, reminds me of my sister when she visited my grandparents. If she gained weight, they'd comment on how fat she was and how she needed to lose weight. If she lost weight, they'd comment on how annerexic she looked and how she needed to eat more. You can't really look too deeply into what they say, their words are very narrow. Though, Cubans and Mexicans are very different...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorafim View Post
    Once you graduate and get a well paying job, they'll treat you like some sort of prince. Mexicans and most hispanics are a very simple people, they tend not to look too deeply into the future.
    Heh, reminds me of my sister when she visited my grandparents. If she gained weight, they'd comment on how fat she was and how she needed to lose weight. If she lost weight, they'd comment on how annerexic she looked and how she needed to eat more. You can't really look too deeply into what they say, their words are very narrow. Though, Cubans and Mexicans are very different...
    Yeah, I know. Latinos in general would say that a girl that is thin would need to lose weight, but don't say much to those who are overweight. They and my dad think I'm a wierdo because when I see a thin Asian girl and say something like "She's hot!", they'll be like "WTF you talking about? She's too skinny and flat."

Lol. I'm Puerto Rican.

Most of my generation is married already (most of the males have been to jail too). I'm the only one from my generation (in my family) that is going to school. Lol.

Try being an unmarried 19 year old homosexual from a latino family. =D

Absolutely, positively the MOST unlucky person!!! Raine_Loire's Avatar

The mother liking you is the first step, anyway :P

You just have to remember that you can't be level headed 100% of the time and you'll be fine ^_^

Its the total reverse amongst white people. They are totally paranoid about young people having children, saying that you must be 30 or something before you can take care of a kid ... BS