a comfortable place between dreams and reality

Default So, about them tags...

Just a random question to the mods: How much more work is it to keep the tags under control? Some of them can get out of hand.

It's not really a huge deal, although we'd appreciate it if people did not attempt to abuse the system. These tags are enabled for a purpose and they will ulimately make it much easier to find the information you're looking for on the site.

We can view a list of current tags and easily remove ones that are inappropriate (which removes them from every thread they have been added to). In the near future, we will have the option of specifying which words can be used as tags and which words cannot.

Users who purposely and repeatedly abuse the tag system will be banned if they do not cease to do so. While it's not hard to keep the tags in line, it is still extra work that we'd rather not have to do

Looks like tags have been disabled anyway. All tomfoolery aside I was actually starting to like that feature, makes searching for certain threads very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekani View Post
    Looks like tags have been disabled anyway. All tomfoolery aside I was actually starting to like that feature, makes searching for certain threads very easy.
    At the moment, "Tag Adding" is only enabled for the OP. We are going to try out that setting for a couple of days and see what happens.

That seems like the best way to do it. I'm really enjoying messing around with all the new features on the site.

"Brotherhood asked for no friendship, only loyalty. They stood back to back as the galaxy burned - always brothers, never friends; traitors together unto the last."