Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Slayer of trolls and all who think they matter!

Default 0 star luck vs any luck

We all know that male beast have the worst luck ever... or do they????

In the past few weeks, I have only noticed 1 day with 3 star luck. In that same time frame, there has been a few 1 star days and A LOT of 0 stars.

The reason I bring this up is because I don't know if it's just me or what but my fortune has taken a turn for the better. Just the past 2 weeks a lone, I have come across an assload of rares.
    Just for example, yesterday I set a plan to search for a Blackbull through everywhere that it dropped. I did 7 runs of True Darkness S (was planning to move to new areas but you'll see why I didn't):

1st- [b] Blackbull, Lidra
    2nd- [b] Blackbull, (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp)
    3rd- Agito Edge
    4th- polymers removed but cyrals still make me smile (edit - not different types of polymers - they were from previous runs left in inventory- gamewarp, blkbeast, JAFO22000)
    5th- [b] Ank Dedda, Agito Edge
    6th- (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp) - one of these was another Agito
    7th- Grinder base S's, but buddy (The Ancient One) gave me a free Great Flowens Sword (different type of luck but hey had to throw it in)

To top it off, I was synthing 3 different 7 star weapons (cost me a total of nothing to synth, didn't even want them - was going to sell them) they all failed but they gave me 2 catilium and a goldania.

Used the catilium to synth a Sweet Death which came out 46% dark.
    The first Blackbull actually synthed in a striking pm (54% success). Second one is up for sale (Jerrelle)

Now that the bragging is over, does luck actually boost anything dramatically? Run 4, 6 and 7, The Ancient One was with me and he had 3 star luck but nothing came of it. He said that my luck was unheard of for yesterday. I just say it evened out all the crap luck that beast males get 99% of the time.
    Last edited by jerrelle; May 29, 2008 at 10:28 AM.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jerrelle View Post
    I did 7 runs of True Darkness S (was planning to move to new areas but you'll see why I didn't):
    2nd- Relic Edge
    4th- 4 different polymers
    6th- Relic Edge
    lool!

http://psupedia.info/True_Darkness

Relic edge is an area drop for the relics, so you didnt find any in true darkness.

wow they gotcha
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes. The image in your signature was 375210 bytes.

sorry.... not relics, replace one with an agito--- i had one in my inventory from the previous night.
    was doing continuous runs without emptying inventory - face palms!!!!!!
    did it get hot in here or is it just me?????

edit- which i forgot to mention - the relic was the only thing i got from a 3 star night.
    Last edited by jerrelle; May 29, 2008 at 09:27 AM.

My Current Favorite Poster: KubaraManiac JAFO22000's Avatar
    Texas Chainsaw Mascara, 'cause that's where you're from!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrelle View Post
    sorry.... not relics, replace one with an agito--- i had one in my inventory from the previous night.
    was doing continuous runs without emptying inventory - face palms!!!!!!
    did it get hot in here or is it just me?????

edit- which i forgot to mention - the relic was the only thing i got from a 3 star night.
    Still doesn't explain the "4 different polymers" you found. Let's see, you found a Nanopolymer, an Ortapolymer, a Metapolymer and a.....???

o0o0o0o yea...
    4 really?
    Images in signatures cannot exceed 35000 bytes. The image in your signature was 375210 bytes.

just like the relics, they may have been in the inventory from a previous run/day. i stated before due to luck, i was not emptying out to keep streak hot. i said 4 different types?? i meant 42 different types..... yeah face palms as i stated beforehand. 4 polymers, not different types.

really need to scan through before hitting "post". you guys are brutal to casual players. i deserve it for being excited i guess.

edit: a lot of this in today's post. I remember where the relics came from - episode 2 ch 8 festa 1. got bored of white beast and played storymode.
    Last edited by jerrelle; May 29, 2008 at 10:29 AM.

"Real" luck > Photon Fortune

Photon Fortune increases the "drop anything" rate, not the rare drop rate.
    Photon Fortune does not affect synthing at all, but it does affect grinding.

To be honest I think too many people make a big deal out of Photon Fortune and don't really understand what it does. Your chances of finding rares on a 0* day aren't that different than on a 3* day, and there's nothing stopping you from getting lucky with 0*. So congratulations!

thank you for weeding through my inaccuracies and giving a respectable response. thing is i don't play often, i have one character from launch day and he is only level 99. so all these items just make it worth it to log on and play. lately, i have more time on my hands as preggo wife goes to sleep early (due next month).

i notice how i really do have more real luck finding items when i have 0* as opposed to 2 or 3*. maybe it's because i don't expect anything with 0* but i go madly searching and expecting something with any *'s.