Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default We might have a problem with the support techs.

When someone casts a support tech (shifta for example) and someone else casts a lower level of the same tech, which one remains? The higher level one or the more recent one?

Here's my example: I was playing white beast, I have level 5 shifta, and with my bow i did about 220 damage to its head or wings. Anyways I join another party of white beast right after. This guy in my party was casting all his support techs as well as I was. I thought that was fine because it helps us both level up our techs, and I thought the higher leveled techs wouldn't get overridden with lover leveled techs.

I get to the boss, and I noticed I was doing like 160 damage with my bow. I decided to run away from my party, cast my shifta again. I started doing 220s again, and quite consistently

I'm I just going crazy? Perhaps I need to do more testing on this, because maybe i just saw a good streak of critical hits?

In PSO it was fine because if someone casted level 30 boosters, then another person with lower level techs couldn't ruin it if they casted them

Bosses sometimes take less damage from ranged attacks, depending on where you shoot them.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

The support TECH that hits you last will be the one that takes effect. That means a 31+ Shifta can be overriden by a Lv 1 Shifta. I find it quite annoying at times, especially when I see a Wartecher casting Support spells right after my Fortetecher casts all his.

Well i was shooting him in the head and wings always. And the damage is consistent, I understand the the rest of the body has more defense.

But yeah, if thats true about how higher level techs can be overridden by lower level techs, then that should totally be patched up.

Are you sure? i'm pretty sure i've used a megistaride, got hit by level 1 shifta, and then had all 4 buffs wear off at once. :/
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

well what you can do is, take a really high level shifta or deband, whatever, test out how it affects you and record damage you do to a simple enemy on an easy quest.

remove that tech disk, and replace it with a brand new one from the store, and test that out, see how long it lasts compared to your better tech.

a lv31 Buff can be overwritten by Lower buffs...

31+ Buffs can last for 5 mins
    21+ Buffs lasts for about 4 mins
    11+...i guess its 3 mins
    and lower, i presume its 2mins

Just boot anyone who doesnt have maxed buffs, obv

Oh that sucks. I was in a party with a higher level techer once, casting my lower level buffs thinking they wouldn't override.