Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default True Darkness tips.

My main is a 130 beast FF (and just about maxed in about 4 other classes) and STILL has trouble soloing True Darkness S2. The Gazoran's just molest me with fire even with a 34% fire Serafi-senba and either a Legless Rainbow or Orpad Guard. Could anyone please offer me some tips to make this mission much less of a hassle?

Leave the scapedolls at home and forget about getting an S rank is my advice.

1. Learn to use Trimates.

2. Level up your PAs. I can't figure out how the Gaozorans are living long enough to give you trouble, two or three full combos from just about anything should be enough to kill them at your level.

yea the gaozorans usually kill me fast on my gunner, so i learned to kill them..... FASTER

lol anyways, Try Fuka or diaga misaki. Freezing them helps :P
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by Schubalts View Post
    Leave the scapedolls at home and forget about getting an S rank is my advice.
    not possible to s rank solo though.You need scapes!!!!!

Bogga Danga is my anti-gao move. You can knock one or two targets down pretty quickly, and use the dive on something else to also knock it down.

- Get a Freeze / Resist so you can stay close to the Gaozorans. Gibarta is a pain otherwise.
    - Don't just hack at the nearest Gaozoran- try and keep an eye on which you've been hitting.
    - Abuse knock-down/knock-back/knock-up PA's to their maximum if you're soloing. A Gaozoran on its back is useless.

I solo this mission, more than is probably healthy. I use a Fortegunner now, since it's much easier for me (Paradi Cataract annihilates the 3x Gao spawn, or leaves them on low enough HP so that one or two shotgun bullets kill). As a Fortefighter, I used Majarra for most of the mission, but on the 3x Gao spawn, Majarra if they were all close together only.

If they split up (which they usually do), I used a Fuka-Misaki (10* Yohmei Twin Claws) with Renzan Seidan-ga. The damage output is nice, and the Freeze SE worked a surprising amount. A frozen Gaozoran is a useless one, and also one less throwing Foie at you.

Aside from that, just watch for the black swirls around the cane of a Gaozoran- seeing that will give you a second or so to dodge.

Finally, ditch the Orpad / Guard- use your body slot for either:
    - Freeze / Resist (nullifying the annoying part of Gibarta)
    - Stun / Resist (for Fakis' meteor attack)
    - Legsless / Rainbow (for general damage resistance)

That's my input anyway, Ive done the mission a lot as a fF, but other people use different tactics.

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by insaine2k View Post
    My main is a 130 beast FF (and just about maxed in about 4 other classes) and STILL has trouble soloing True Darkness S2. The Gazoran's just molest me with fire even with a 34% fire Serafi-senba and either a Legless Rainbow or Orpad Guard. Could anyone please offer me some tips to make this mission much less of a hassle?
    okay get a gudda hon (20%+ light highley recommended) get a PA skill Bogga Robado (75 pa's) get it to 21 and it demolishes everything.

also an axe/Spear (redda/majaraa) helps alot also you at least need 2 light weps 1 for clearing crowds and one for dulk falkis

I've been using a 16% fire Stormline + Freeze Resist, and I take about 540 damage from their freeze attack... using a 130 level/Acrotecher 9 CAST.

Sad part is, even when I using Burn Resist with that same armor, I take MORE damage from their Foie (around 900pts).

SO, get a Freeze Resist, and point-blank 'em with your best multi hit combo. You'll take less damage from the "elemental penalty" from the Ice attack, and moderate the occasional Foie that hits.

Also, if you can switch to a Shadoog capable class, use a sonichi with your best multi-hitting 1hand PA. The knockdown effect from the sonichi is a godsend vs. the Gaos.

Assault Crush is the fastest way to kill a Gaozoran when playing Fortefighter.

Most PAs will work for the other monsters (avoid Bogga Danga, Splendor Crush and Renzan Seidan-ga at all costs, and you're fine).

Avoid maps with Jusnaguns, they're just too annoying when you're FF.

Abuse Anga Jabroga on boss, if you don't have that (you should, anyway), other good Dulk Fakis killers are Cross Hurricane, Ikk Hikk, Hishou Jinren-zan, Senten Kanzan-ga and Spinning Break.