Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Need advice for first Gunner!

Hello everybody,

I yesterday recreated my Newman, to make a Beast future GunMaster.
    Now, this is the first time in PSU that I am making a real gunner class. And as GunMaster can only use Twin Handguns, Rifles, Laser Cannons and Shotguns I want to mainly focus on them.
    Anyway, I need advice to which bullet elements I should get for each weapon.
    (I one day want to have all elements for them, but for now, I only want two elements per weapon, to get started).

I was thinking about giving the Shotgun Ground and Lightning, because with the ability of hitting more enemies this can come quite in handy. And maybe for Lasers Ice (same reason as with the shotgun). But I am kinda lost on the other guns, I also don't like the fire bullets much, because they don't seem so usefull(but if they are, please let me know!!!)

Also let me know how good the frag PA's are, because as far as I can tell they don't seem all to good and the elements look much better, but I did overlook some of the frag PA's.

All help and advice is highly appreciated!

well, fire bullets are usefull i their own right.,..ther are a lo of ice enemies, so its good to have a bullet that will do elemental damage to them. also on rifle, you'll have burn lvl 4 at lvl 21 which is really good for tacking on extra damage to a lot of the large type enemies...especally if you're soloing a lot.

for shotgun the first two bullets I would probably get would be lightning and dark. virus picks up where burn leaves off and is generally more useful than silence. as a general rule you want to confuse enemies rather than silence them. because confuse makes their techs miss you and your party members, but lets those same techs hit the other enemies. it's generally a lot more useful.

for twin handguns, I would pick light since it gives you mobility whille trying to stick that confuse SE. it wont last as long as confuse lvl 4, but you'll be a bit more nimble while dodging around so it wont be as big a deal. for the other element it depends on what mission you run most. pick somethnig that will be good to use againt flying types in that area...matching element...so if you do white beast a lot pick dark...most other places you can get away with ice.

laser, ice is a good start...go with something else dibilitating or that will help tack on damage...like fire or lightning. you can also just pikc the element to match the area you'll be n most yet again and work on that first.

rifle...first elements I'd probably do fire and dark. just cause those are usefull SEs to have and will make up for the lack of elemental damage with the DoTs.

bare in mind I'm saying all this with the understanding you'll be getting all of the bullets eventua;;y. SEs are secondary most of the time now in place of raw elemental damage. rifles you can stick a DoT first then switch elements if you want or just toss down a trap, detonate it and go nuts on the rifle.

also while playing FG, make sure oyu bring a spear with you. majarra can make a few ares go very quickly where guns may feel sluggish

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

With the way bullets level now, you really have no excuse not to every element for every weapon. Gunmasters can only use 4 weapon types. Be sure to get Killer Shot too. Its probably the only Frag PA that you'll get much use out of.

Might as well lvl up ALL your usable shots now like amtalx said, with your stats at the start you'll see a few 0's when hitting but for end game stats as of now that doesn't happen often enough to be a bother.
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

Thats going to be one nice thing about the Masters. The ability to have every one of your usable PAs, on your character, at the same time. It just makes things a bit simpler, for you.

This is a good time to try to get them levelled, but if RL comes knocking and stuff keeps you from accomplishing that task before the masters come out; at least you can feel comfortable that the master class itself will help out in making up for your lost time. (I can't imagine how fast PAs will level (at least to 40) on Master classes.) The only bad part is, is the likely aspect of not having much to level by the time the Masters come out.

I fully want to level all elemental Bullet PhotonArts GunMaster can use. But I usually don't play that much. Thats why I wanted to first focus on 2 PA's for every weapon to start.

What I have now is:
    Rifle: Dark and Fire
    Shotgun: Lightning and Ground
    Twin Handgun: Ice and Light
    Laser Cannon: Ice (don't know which second element to use, maybe I would get Virus or Light here as NIloklives suggested for the Shotgun)

If anybody has other suggestions, let me know!

And I run around all over, but of course with a new chara I will eventually stick to WB for a while but blaaah DX But I rather like just running random missions and I don't really hunt either so, all bullet elements for me anyway then.

Quote Originally Posted by amai_berry View Post
    I fully want to level all elemental Bullet PhotonArts GunMaster can use. But I usually don't play that much. Thats why I wanted to first focus on 2 PA's for every weapon to start.

What I have now is:
    Rifle: Dark and Fire
    Shotgun: Lightning and Ground
    Twin Handgun: Ice and Light
    Laser Cannon: Ice (don't know which second element to use, maybe I would get Virus or Light here as NIloklives suggested for the Shotgun)

If anybody has other suggestions, let me know!

And I run around all over, but of course with a new chara I will eventually stick to WB for a while but blaaah DX But I rather like just running random missions and I don't really hunt either so, all bullet elements for me anyway then.
    That's key even if you don't hunt specific items, maximum damage if you use properly aligned elemental bullets, takes time but it's best in long run.

But the two you chose for rifles are great, if they don't infect they burn (gol dova and others) and some things don't burn but infect....those are two SE's that are GREAT to have even if using on same element creatures
    Make Em Bleed!!

Character info (trial phase): http://psupedia.info/User:RahXephon

http://digitaldelights.tumblr.com/

a comfortable place between dreams and reality

I might avoid Dark for the Rifle then. Virus is no longer useful since it takes so long. SE5 Virus is going to take 35 seconds...bosses don't even last that long. And there isn't really any need to have two DoT SEs when you can use traps. Burn is the superior DoT anyway.

Eh...traps cost money and really, no SE is truly worth getting worked up over as fast as things die these days. point is he'll be infecting whether he needs it or not just to tack on extra damage. when he's ready for more bullets, he'll get more bullets...hell i still hate lvling rifles.

element bullet for those gun are important to level

"ARIKAー戦隊, 参上!!" (click it!)
    Arika     @US server | Arika-chan @JP server