Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

me and the guys i run with never play white beast. we are always doing the runs that nobody else does. there is only 3 of us though. we are really needing another person or two. if you are on xbox 360 and want a really good party, hit us up and come do some runs with us. GT nightlights

Quote Originally Posted by nightlights View Post
    me and the guys i run with never play white beast. we are always doing the runs that nobody else does. there is only 3 of us though. we are really needing another person or two. if you are on xbox 360 and want a really good party, hit us up and come do some runs with us. GT nightlights
    What runs do you guys do???
    Work hard, play harder.

Yeah I'd say we really ought to get ppl like us who don't wanna just spam one mission constantly cuz I can't tell you how annoying that can gte. I already have myself and two others. I wouldn't wanna use the word guild cuz they have some sort of structure or leadership or something I just am trying to find some good allies. Anywho my gamertag is Shea Machost look me up.

dude you had bad luck with the random group you joined... just leave the party and join a different one.

Sometimes I join random parties and have a blast with new people, and sometimes I meet jackasses who deserve to be black listed.

The noobs you met do not represent the entire population.... just keep looking for parties or make your own. Mail some people if they want to do X mission. I personally love the game.

You can always ignore the trade offers... say no or just don't respond at all.

Blame ST for making White Beast the easymode route to rares/levels. It has good EXP, everything is the same element (partial exception to Alterazgohg), decent boss drops, good rewards at end of mission... it's unbalanced really, in comparison to some other missions

The Dark God is pretty decent EXP too, and nice drops, but it's not as popular as White Beast because a) the boss can take a while if Falz decides to stay far away from the raft for extended periods of time) b) Megid from Deljabans, Delp Slami. The Megid is easy to dodge, and you'd think the odd Megid death wouldn't be enough to deter people, but look how popular HIVE is. Aside from a few people spamming TD, it's almost dead.

This is why I'm happy to play with a group of friends and not rely on public games. White Beast was good, when it released. Now it's pretty boring for me, so I'd rather do other missions. With friends, we tend to have a bit more variety. That isn't to say we ignore White Beast entirely, we just don't spam it like some people do.

I'd say people need to learn to do other missions, but while White Beast is so decent for well, almost everything, I can understand why it's so popular. What's worse if when we get WB S2, it'll be even more popular
    Last edited by Neith; Jun 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM. Reason: lol typos

HUnewearl power since 2003. NGS Official Creator (SectionSkyly)

Screw white beast. I hate that it's all anyone ever does. They need to shut it down. NOW

I would love to find more people to play with. I have met a lot of people but they are more the kind of "Do a couple runs together, throw Partner Card and never talk again" wich is very sad =( I did meet two people who are major awsome!

If anybody would be willing to join this Idea we could create daily parties that just run all the mission on one planet or something, I will try to do that, already because I would like to meet some people here from the forums and stuff.

Thanks to WB I mostly have to play PSU by myself these days, which really, REALLY sucks. Just me and two NPCs unless I go to WB/a new mission = not cool.

Which is why I really miss the team functions from PSOBB. It was much easier to communicate with a group of people, you had the team chat, you could actually form bonds. In this game, I meet cool people on occasion and we have fun playing, but afterwards even if we exchange PCs we never play again.
    Last edited by AlphaDragoon; Jun 18, 2008 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by amai_berry View Post
    If anybody would be willing to join this Idea we could create daily parties that just run all the mission on one planet or something, I will try to do that, already because I would like to meet some people here from the forums and stuff.
    I've actually been thinking about this today, since my earlier post in this thread. Perhaps we could make use of the matchmaking forum for, say, actual teaming up and matchmaking?

Like twice a week, host "hotspots" with unlocked parties, instead of the standard bleh. People could log onto the forums, go to matchmaking forum, see what the "run of the day" or whatever is, and be able to *in theory* find a party at the non-standard hotspot.

It would be a nice way to meet up with the community and actually play the game, and introduce nubz to other areas besides WB and the flavor of the week.

Of course, this is all just in theory. The only thing that would tell if the idea worked or not, is the community. But it seems that there is a general consensus that everyone is sick of the same stuff, want to play other missions, just can't find a party. Perhaps this could be a solution to the problem, instead of continually bitching about it. Just something to ponder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheamachost View Post
    Ok so I come back to the game after about a six month break and me and some of my real life buds are playing and all is good, same old PSU action that i came for. So the past couple of nights they couldn't log on so I decide to go on alone and find some players. I did find some however they only wanted to do White Beast, Dark God, or some other heavily populated mission. Not to mention they were all idiots who kept making offering prices on the weapons on my pallette after I repeatedly said I wasn't selling.

Now I have been playing Phantasy Star since the Dreamcast days of V2 and back then we had four levels and a handful of quests. Now in PSU we have a weath of missions and locations to explore and yet people seem to only ever wanna do the same mission over and over again. Not to mention most of them seem to be idiots and are there just to spam the lobby.

My rant aside I mostly wanted to ask if there are still players around that enjoy roaming the system or is this just how it is?

I roam the entire system frequently now. In fact, i dont play any of those missions you listed anymore, because all it does is age this game.

I dont know why people spam that mission to level up, but then complain about how easy the game is. Thats the problem with PSU now. Everyone plays to level up, but nobody plays to have fun anymore.

And White Beasts is one of the easiest S rank missions in this game, seeing how the boss is Easysauce and all

It just pisses me off how you people BITCH and BITCH over and over about this game, its content, its level design and shit, but only play three fucking missions.

I always say it, and its proven true everytime i log on the game. 80% of the characters in the 40k ID range over level 60 have not heard of or even been to 90% of this games lobbies or missions.
    Last edited by RemiusTA; Jun 18, 2008 at 12:47 PM.