Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Then we can have private servers... and maybe someone will find out how to get all the updates off the disc from day one. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ri0T View Post
    Then we can have private servers... and maybe someone will find out how to get all the updates off the disc from day one. XD
    There are no updates on the disc. Only game assets.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Ok, the assets they are feeding us as game updates.

Ok, the assets they are feeding us as game updates.
    The game disc has areas and enemies. It's up to the server to actually put them together into something coherent. Not that I doubt a private server would have too much trouble doing it, but it would take quite a bit more work than anything that could have been done in PSO (where virtually everything was on the disc). They could feasibly just copy pre-existing missions for whatever's already out there, but not for anything that hasn't been released yet, which they would have to fabricate.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

so private servers could have a mission with 1 room and a like 100 spawns of enemies all getting harder and harder with better and better drops, eventually leading to like lvl 259's with 15* drops lololol

in theory.

(it could be that big room at the end of dark satellite
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post
    so private servers could have a mission with 1 room and a like 100 spawns of enemies all getting harder and harder with better and better drops, eventually leading to like lvl 259's with 15* drops lololol

in theory.

So could the official servers, if they ever made something like... well, wait, wasn't there something like that in the Mission Carnival?

Quote Originally Posted by pikachief View Post

in theory.

Now that would be awsome if one could do that.

Quote Originally Posted by A2K View Post
    The game disc has areas and enemies. It's up to the server to actually put them together into something coherent. Not that I doubt a private server would have too much trouble doing it, but it would take quite a bit more work than anything that could have been done in PSO (where virtually everything was on the disc). They could feasibly just copy pre-existing missions for whatever's already out there, but not for anything that hasn't been released yet, which they would have to fabricate.
    I am probably not explaining myself well. Basically, I mean new items, new Guardian Types, etc. They are already on the disc.

I am probably not explaining myself well. Basically, I mean new items, new Guardian Types, etc. They are already on the disc.
    The items are there, but how and where they drop would need to be set by the server. The last few Guardian types on the disc are incomplete, having laughable weapon selections and stats to match--assuming that hasn't already been patched by now.

Its all about the money not the players. Not tryin to be mean or somethin but they really don't care if they upset people as long as they make lots of $$$$