Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default gamestop not selling PSU AoI for ps2 no more?

To keep a long story short, theres this new guy at work. I made friends with him. He has never played a MMO before in his life. hes never really played a RPG before either. But he was a fan of star wars so I was telling him about PSU. he sounded interested so I let him borrow one of my 3 copies and he came into work the next day completely hooked. he absolutely loved the game...

He told me he went to a game stop and the guy at the store said they cannot sell any PSU copy for the PS2, they can sell the xbox version and the cpu version...

I found this odd so I went in and tried to buy a copy too, and they told me the same thing... I asked if its because they just dont have any more, and they said no they cannot even accept them as a trade in...

Im wondering why this is and if anyone else had a problem. i tried 3 game stops in my area and they all said the same thing...

I noticed the same thing awhile ago; it makes me nervous about breaking my disc eventually and needing a new one. Here are some listings on CampusI.com of PS2 AOI. It seems like most of the prices are higher than the game was at release. :|

PSO2: Kylie.HUnewearl.Sh02

I still see a lot of used copies, and sometimes new copies. The PS2 is being outphased because of the current-gen systems and you'll notice the new games PS2 selection is getting smaller. It happens with a lot of last-gen games actually. Just look at Xbox/Gamecube selection, you'll barely see anything "New"..
    Last edited by Sexy_Raine; Jun 20, 2008 at 01:35 PM.
    My wanted games of 2013:
    Ducktales(PS3), Ys Celceta(Vita), Beyond: Two Souls(PS3), Legend of Heroes:Sen no Kiseki (PS3, JP version)

Well I have 3 copies of AoI, so I do not need another... it just sucks for him tho cause he really wanted to play and sega could have made another 10 bucks...

well sega will still make there money off of him since I gave him one of my copies... I was wondering why... I thought maybe next expansion would be out soon...

thnk god for amazon.com... im on a mission to get all my real life friends here

why play outside when theres this fantastic thing called the internet

PS2 is dieing and practically a dead product. I don't think Sega wants to put more money into something that's least profitable.

Buy it Online?

The game could be out of print. That's not really a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Seority View Post
    PS2 is dieing and practically a dead product. I don't think Sega wants to put more money into something that's least profitable.
    at the time of PSU's first release it was still one of the most successful consoles. it just recently started dieing and isnt dieing as fast in japan :P
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I'd imagine the PS2 version sells the least, since the PC option is much more attractive for most people.

not everyone has a 128 video card... or the other requirements to play it >.>

im stuck on the ps2 and so are a few of my real life friends...

Oh well that kind of makes sense to me i guess. I didnt think of that. thanks all