Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hunting Pouilly Slime...

I am trying to get myself and my friends a couple God/Powers and it seems that they just do not want to spawn.

Every other rare enemy seems to pop up within 30 to 60 mins of me piping but these just don't for me...

are Pouilly Slime less common? because if that is case I can settle for a less drop rate on the God/Power from Mil Lilies.

split them, use rabarta or a untekked common weapon and do special/special/normal, the 3rd hit will split them.

do the quest Addicting Food and split them, once all are splited and if you see a rare slime, KILL THE RARE SLIME 1st, ignore the others

each 4 slimes only drop 1 item i beleive, if you kill a normal one then the drop has been activated and they won't drop items anymore (considering the group of 4 slimes that apear/splited)

i knew about splitting them, but i didn't know that the loot worked like that, that is pretty bad considering they often kill each other.

Maybe I will just wait until ultimate to hunt them off the lilies because these guys just aren't showing up for me.

Red Slimes are IMO the worst enemies to get rares from.

I think I agree with you Jaspaller. I have put 10 hours into hunting them down and I am still empty handed. Viridia 7/8 chance for god power off Pouilly slime in VH, but I think I will just wait until ultimate, i have had better luck with lilies in the past anyway, even with just a 1/2 drop rate.

The Singing RAcast~! R2D6battlebot's Avatar

Back in my PSO days, red slimes were by far the most uncommon rare monster for me to hunt, but it may have had something to do with being unable to stay awake during the hunts (damn that Caves music :P)
    Recently gone back to PSO.
    Currently hunting -- God/Ability x3, MILLA, Luck Materials.

i have piped them, i would say in the beguining it would be1 in every 2 hours of piping 4 slimes, now i say it's 1 in 3 or 4 hours, haven't seen one in quite some time and the item i want is 1/+80 not to mention i pipe for a slime that is 1/1024 apearence rate.

so, you play a quest were you can split 8 at a time, apearnce rate is 1/512, drop rate of item i beleive it is less then 1/80 and even so you can't find the rare enemy?
    just enter the quest, if i find them then you will find them easily.

the item i want has a 7/8 chance to drop i heard.

and while yes you can do quest over and over again you have to take time just to get to caves 2. if I encountered slimes in caves 1 i would atleast just clean up caves 1 and restart quest as is though, I will have a much easier time hunting red slimes by piping, which again seems to suck as is.

Personally hunting for red slimes is funner than hunting other rare monsters (except rappys, fake in yellow ftw). Atleast you use rabarta or w/e.
    However i didnt knew that you have to kill the red one first, can someone confirm this please?

Always red one first just to be safe. There are possible chances that the red one will not drop anything if any of the blue ones are killed first.

Poufuilly Slimes are better to pipe than to do runs with. Unlike other monsters that can change to rare counterparts, there are very few Poufuilly Slimes around in Caves so it makes it very difficult to actually get the Pouilly Slime out when doing runs.

To be quite honest, the only time Pouilly Slimes are worth piping over for are the rares in Ultimate. In VH, you can easily find the same rare in Ultimate later on. Unless you are really desparate, in which I suggest you do runs in VH instead just to get more EXP and hunt it in Ultimate later when you are a higher enough level.