Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

Default Phantasy Star Universe Needs To Get Harder

Hey I was thinking psu is getting to easy there is no challenge any more i don't want to start a fight with anyone on this thread i just want to see if anyone else thinks the same Btw I'm not someone who has all 50% or 10/10 weapons

I suppose we could get a decent discussion to come out of this, but you haven't given us much to start with. Why do you think it's easy?

Myself? I don't think there are enough meseta sinks. People have more money than they know what to do with. Missions become a breeze in larger parties. Playing solo or with one or two other people seems to feel the most balanced to me.

Hunters got a much deserved boost after the expansion was released, but as they moved forward forces and rangers were left behind and became somewhat marginalized. I don't feel the game should become extensively complex but adding another "layer" to rangers and forces as exact (a.k.a. just) attacks and counters did for hunters would be quite welcome.

Adding some sort of "hardcore" difficulty would be tricky, though, as the rewards for participating would have to be appropriately balanced somehow. Otherwise people are just going to run back to White Beast (a.k.a. the new Lab Recovery, Crimson Beast, et al.) when they want to actually build up capital.
    Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

Cue Enzyte advertisement.
    (Dead server) :: Angra Mainyu : Ahura Mazda : Arbalest : Fischerspooner :: PSUpedia & Forums

6 player party --> 4 player party

The more the merrier, sure, but the missions just isn't for 6 players. You'll just be walking through it with so much ease, that you barely feel you're playing. Just throw a few PAs at each spawn and you're done.
    I don't get people. Never have. Never will.
    PSO2: Account Name: VentAileron, Character: ラフィーナ (Raffina)

I thik before we talk about harder modes we need some way to get people to play them instead of taking one look bawwwwing about the difficulty and buggering off back to white beast

I personaly would go for a blanket increase in difficulty accross all missions, true it might upset the noobs but it would be the only way to get a party while still having a challenge

This game does not need to be harder. It is fine the way it is. The only suggestion that i have heard on these forums that makes any sense, about the game's difficulty, is more people in the party should mean higher level monsters.

But even then, The missions are not made to be uber hard. They are meant to be huntable by soloing. Therefore resulting in "easy mode" when in a party.

What people usually miss about the whole concept of the party making a mission easier is that, when in a party... the "ultra rarz" are not guaranteed to you. Soloing is the only time that happens. Unless you have cool friends who don't mind.
    "Blade" M Beast Fighmaster of "Ten Star V" from Xbox 360 PSU.

http://www.youtube.com/user/xBladeM6x

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Two words.

Ultimate difficulty.

we just need enemys whit 15-20 Lvs higher than the player caps and the challenge will come by its self and the game will IMO become more fun to play.
    Retired PC/PS2 server caras:
    AUTARCH, M cast, Lv 147, FG/PT
    NORDLYS, M newman, LV141, AT
    Frozt, F beast, LV106, FF

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

How about you people stop doing White Beast runs to get the level cap, maybe you won't be so bored. Sheesh. -_-;

I used to be scared of Desert Terror A when I was under LV50. Now I solo S2 no problem.

This game defiantly needs to get harder.