Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I know his name is Dark Falz or whatever but I am an old school Phantasy Star player who was first introduced to Dark Force through the eyes of Rolf and Rudo. No idea why Sega changed his name, but he was always known as Dark Force to me and shall remain so.

Can anyone give me some tips on what magic to use on his many forms and some general tactics? I'm sure you can just wack him silly but attacks are pathtically weak.

Thanks for the help.

I've found that good ole Foie works fairly well on the third stage (Hard and Very Hard). Doesn't do a ton of damage (50 or so) but at least it does damage!

To be honest, I don't know how possible it really is for a Force to beat Dark Falz on Hard or Very Hard offline. You'd probably have to have the right kind of weapon (not sure what that is).

I can't give you tips on beating Dark Falz (or Force, whatever) cause I didn't reach him yet.. I only wanted to say that Dark Falz is actually the name Dark Force had since the very beginning in the japanese versions of all the Phantasy Star games. Dark Force was the for the english versions. Seems like they decided not to change the name this time.

Seeker of the Shadow

I know Dark Falz as Dark Force as well, since I only ever got to play PS:IV. Regardless, information would be appreciated on that Dark Falz strategy for forces...I started my Force a little while ago and could use the help with tactics. Thanks all...

Megid seems to work pretty well... only downer is it takes more TP then Foie.

How does MEGID work on a boss? It's supposed to be an instant kill? Does it do damage instead when you use it against DF?

Well Dark Falz is his real name. He was Dark Falz in PS 1 but the American translations screwed things up. Rolf's real name is Usis and Rudo is really Rudy. It seems with PSO they just left the names as they were originally intended! About time! Anyway I am a level 100 HUmar and I have a hard time beating Dark Falz on VeryHard offline so I dont know what a Force would do.

Gotta get a gun, Forces can use guns if I am correct. You'll have to have a rear or highly grinded one though.

Perfect Guide says draw guns work really well on the final form since they can hit him even when he's invincible in the air. Wouldn't know yet since he wupped me good the one time I tried in Hard even with Light Barrier and two Resist Saints equipped. You should have as many scape dolls as you can carry for his nasty light attack in final form.

PSO Assassin

At some point with resist/saints you'll be able to survive his Grants... after that it won't be until you're really high level, 90 or so (FOnewm) that you can survive his sword swipe. Beyond that [Draw - Drain - Fill - Gush] element handguns are good as are Vise machguns with a high Dark photon %.