Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Well there are a lot more moves that attack Will/Fort/Ref this time around so DEX and CON really help.

There were optional rules that gave armour varying amounts of DR in exchange for a slightly lower AC.

Never did try them though X3

03/2009 PHB II is scheduled to be released filling out 2 more Divine Classes, 2 more Arcane, and introducing Primal as a power source, some people might think, "WTF ONLY 1 NEW POWER SOURCE!?" Personally, if you look at it as is, we'll have 4 Martial, 4 Divine, 4 Arcane, 4 Primal(this of course is speculating that they will add 2 more Divine and Arcane classes.) The Following Month they will release Arcane Power which of course will add more Builds, Feats, Paragon paths, and Powers.

Sorry guys no Psionics next year...

Players Handbook II If you look closely at the cover you'll notice it lists the powers, also the 2 classes/Races on the front cover look to me like a Goliath Barbarian, and perhaps a Shaman, or a Druid. I have no clue what race it could be, one of the Shifter Races maybe?

Goliath and.. oh no, it better not be another fucking elf race X3

Well, it might be the 3E iconic elf druid.

I'm curious how they'll handle the 'medium, yet counts as large' ability of goliaths.

Elves/Eladrin, even more than the stupid dragonborn and tieflings, strikes me as one of the most pointless changes ever. Dragging gray elves out of the monster manual, taking away their negative stat mods and grabbing the name and some of the appearance of a former type of celestial for them doesn't really help with the problem of there being nine million types of bloody elves. And I like elves. >_> It just moves it from the MM to the PHB. <_>

I also hate the new alignment system, but that's easy enough to get rid of. Too bad Dragonborn and Tieflings aren't. <_>

...Where the hell are half-elves getting the +2 CON from? Is the other half secretly dwarf or something now? Did someone read too much Legolas/Gimli yaoi? (Maybe :WHAC0: would be more appropriate for this thread.)

Half-Elves do not suck, they can take BOTH Human and Elf based feats along with Half-Elf ONLY feats. Plus they are only Half-Elf >.> its only Implied that the other half is Human

Get over the whole Dragonborn, and Teifling thing, Gnomes are still there, but oh no I have to go the Monster Manual for them /wrist

No Half-Orc? woo, -2 INT, -2 CHA, for... +2 STR god what a waste of a race to begin with. Chances are if they return they will get a +2 to STR and CON

Bard's returning, stop your crying

I don't agree with the Alignment system, but at least they got rid of Chaotic Stupid(Chaotic Neutral): I only look out for me, and I'll do anything and everything to get what I want! Amazing the ULTIMATE NARCISSIST

Goliath will probably just be Large, or a Larger than normal Medium

ITT: People don't like 4e changes, and people freak out on them for being unimpressed.

You know, the more people get all 'wtf is wrong with you on me in regards to 4e, the more it makes me not want to play it. Especially when they use stat arguments for bashing things in 3.x. Yeah, half-orcs have sucktastic stat mods. People still played them. My current character idea I'm kicking around is a half-orc, and boy does he get fucked over by the -2 INT -2 CHA, but oh well. You deal with it.

But just as my 'ugh god what the shit is this' annoys you, the constant 4e-er 'ugh wtf is wrong with you why do you not see how awesome this is' annoys me. I see it everywhere and it grates on my nerves. I don't like it. I don't like how everything is some fancy power now. I don't like how none of the races have any kind of penalty now. I don't like how they raped the skill list. I don't like the new default races or the PoL concept. Sure, you can keep using whatever setting you were before, but you have to retcon the shit out of it to explain the new races, and I hear people already bitching about what's being done with the pre-done settings like FR. Or the people who didn't like what they did with !Greyhawk as the default 3.x wondering what the shit 4e might do to it. Sure, you can make up a half-orc. Sure, you can use the old alignment system. Sure, you can sit there and make your own Barbarians, Bards, Druids, Monks and Sorcerors. Is it annoying that you'd have to do it, or wait an entire year and buy another $35 book? Fuck yeah.

We'll just all have to agree to disagree on this one.

ITT: People rehashing the same old anti-4e argument we've heard over and over on Gleemax and /tg/ and enworld.. blah blah blah.

Don't like teiflings and dragonborn? Don't use them. I'm surprised that this little bit of logic flies over peoples heads as they froth and rave about how much they hate it, despite not having actually played the rules.

As it looks, the races use a plus-sum modifiers now. It's not so much about their weakness, as it is about what they're good at.
    I do like the new fluff with Eladrin and Elves. Makes them a little more interesting than tree-hugging vulcans. And really, the old extraplanar eladrin from 3e weren't all that interesting.
    While I had a softspot for half-orcs, they really were a lackluster race that hardly anyone played. I can see why Wizards dropped them in favor of the dragonborn. And there already is the half-elf. I suspect HOs might make a comeback in the PBII, and with the new racial balancing, they might be a lot better mechanically and more fun to play.

I LOVELOVELOVE the changes to the classes. Anyone with half a brain could tell just how wtfbroken they were before. Fighters were a JOKE. Only good to splah a few fighter levels into a gish or other build. CODZILLA? Need I say more?
    The abilities the classes have allow for a much more tactical and team-oriented play. Not all the abilities are OMGDAMAGE. Some are positional control, which can set up some niiice combos with the rest of your party.

I'm glad they ditched the old alignment system. It was way too obtuse for the average person to figure out. I like the Uber Good > Good > Meh < Evil < Skullfucking Babies Evil. Law and chaos are more subjective than good and evil.

Oooor they could have gone back to OD&D's Lawful/Neutral/Chaotic axis.

In the end, it doesn't really matter, as I heard the exact same shit when 3e came out. OMG WOTC IS RUINING D&D THERE TUNING IT INTO A VIDEO GAME 4 TEH KIDZ 2 BUY! THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US!!!!1111oneoneeleven

Ah, I remember playing AD&D with my brother and a couple of his friends (I was quite young at the time >_>). It was so much fun... I wish I could find people that are into D&D around here.

Vaguely effeminite DS/Dice weilding Mac using Vamp Wyndham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mewnie View Post
    new battle system? What's wrong with the d20 system?
    I thought I'd make my own game as a summer project.
    fun stuff.