Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    *clunk clunk clunk*

i've pretty much stopped playing PSU, and haven't realized it. i'd like to dabble in it again, but i have little incentive. there are many factors for this, but one of the big factors is psu (ps2/pc servers especially) plagued with problem after problem, and the people i played with felt the same. we didn't hate the game, and we didn't consciously make an exit from it either. in my head, up until recently, i was still "playing" psu, but haven't physically logged in longer than 30 minutes in the past two months.

i was excited to come back and play when the proposed return of MAG was up and running, and now there's talks of it not happening at all? every time i plan to come back, i lose incentive to.

anyway, i gotta commend what you guys are starting to do here. reaching out to gaming news sites abroad is a great idea, and i'm impressed that people are actually doing it. i've lost a lot of concern for this game in the past 4 months, but seeing this activity has inspired me to take some action, and suggest some actions:

canceling our accounts while simultaneously sending letters to gaming news outlets and sega seem to be the best way to get the message across, and will only work if both actions are done mutually. i plan to send a few letters once i cancel my account.

getting media attention is one thing, but withdrawing from the cash cow and demanding a better product would really drive the message home.

(and honestly, i don't see psu surviving once Diablo III is out. Sega better baby and lavish their tiny audience with appreciation while they can... )

Actually if everyone cancelled their accounts that would just make sega do the whole, "Ok obviously the Americans don't like this game, close down the servers." thing. Really Now we need people to just basically stand against sega of japan.

*clunk clunk clunk*

Quote Originally Posted by Nanosystem View Post
    Actually if everyone cancelled their accounts that would just make sega do the whole, "Ok obviously the Americans don't like this game, close down the servers." thing. Really Now we need people to just basically stand against sega of japan.
    that's exactly why canceling accounts alone wouldn't work. some kind of media attention needs to be generated at the same time. only letter writing is mutually exclusive, not account canceling.

i'd like to give psu stateside another month or so before coming to my decision to cancel. i understand that July is going to be a very busy month for SOA, and it seems that sega is actually taking steps to fix many of the reoccurring problems that lost a good chunk of their playership.

one of the most positive changes has been the addition of GMs running around for live support. this addition alone has improved the quality of gaming for many players, increased communication between players and sega, and hackers have been dealt with quickly and efficiently.

this was a step in the right direction. if we continue to express our concern for this game's success outside of the psu community bubble, i'm sure we'll get a much better game within the coming months. how often is it that the gaming community takes more action to ensure a game's success than the company who made it?

You know, flooding an unrelated company's support and feedback email is not going to get Sega to do anything regarding PSU. All it will do is...flood the unrelated company's support and feedback email with trash that they now have to spend time automating the following response to:

"We sympathize, we really do, but we can't actually do anything about your problem O_o. Contact Sega for your Sega-related problem! *contact information*"

I also wrote an email to 1 up cup

Quote Originally Posted by Reipard View Post
    You know, flooding an unrelated company's support and feedback email is not going to get Sega to do anything regarding PSU. All it will do is...flood the unrelated company's support and feedback email with trash that they now have to spend time automating the following response to:

"We sympathize, we really do, but we can't actually do anything about your problem O_o. Contact Sega for your Sega-related problem! *contact information*"
    It's called, "Hey, gaming website which has been involved with this certain game--the company behind this game you were involved with isn't doing what they should. Maybe you could write an article about their dodgy business model so that they'll think about putting some effort into it for the sake of their customer base?"

mildly suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Reipard View Post

While it pains me (you might be right about contacting other sites), what we all know, without a doubt, is that your post, I am sorry to say, does even less.

For what it's worth, I finally got around to sending my email to 1Up.

Ty all. I haven't heard back from anywhere ::sigh:: but I'm talking with a friend of mine who does a broadcast on Split Infinity radio to see if we can work something out there. Not as much as I'd like but a start at least.
    Getting bored of the typical MMO, enjoying muddling through moonspeak on PSO2.

Dreams of surfing rappies NegaTsukasa's Avatar

Heh. I wouldn't be suprised if PSU'ers did a strike of some sort from the US and EU to where they started quite PSU and start playing PSO again on the private servers until something gets fixed up.
    Even if PSO now extinct with yearly and new events, it still has its classic Guild missions and older activites
    to run with. Making it still just as fun as befor it got shut down.
    That would actually be a shocker to see people converting back to PSO. heh
    It would definatly bring out a certian important message to the fans.
    Last edited by NegaTsukasa; Jul 3, 2008 at 08:44 PM.