Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Bowser Troopa, Force Flex Poncho_Jr's Avatar

Default Your take on broken Weapons...

How low would you go?
    Having a broken weapon just seems weird to me. I guess it's because of the fact that it will never be able to reach it's maximum output.
    I'd be happy with anything/10, because if you're lucky enough, you can still try for a fully grinded weapon. If it's a 9 or anything else, the weapon, in fact, will be less useful.
    And cheap as Hell.
    So all I'm asking, do you enjoy using a weapon that has been snapped once or twice?
    *Discludes any extremely uncommon or weapons that grind well like Psycho Wands, Love Infernos, Gaozoran Rods. etc.*

You know you wanna join.

When it comes to fighting, the lowest I will go is 4 since with melee weaps, it's the % that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho_Jr View Post
    *Discludes any extremely uncommon or weapons that grind well like Psycho Wands, Love Infernos, Gaozoran Rods. etc.*
    Wait, P-wands and Gao rods grind well?

I've been too scared to grind them past 4/10... @_@

"x/10" just looks better to me than /9, 8, 7, etc. I have a Shato 5/8, but that's the only broken weapon I'm willing to have. Generally I get them to 5 and if it breaks twice after that I stick with 5/x. If it doesn't break, I get a giddy feeling inside :3

Quote Originally Posted by Wiz View Post
    Wait, P-wands and Gao rods grind well?

I've been too scared to grind them past 4/10... @_@

I didnt have success with my Pwand and it was during the 1up 3* Luck and Grind Boost.

I used only S+10 Grinders and it kept breaking on Grind 5 and 6. My Pwand is now 5/5 but I have 2 other Pwands that will try to get x4 or x5 Grind out of them when we get our MAG rewards.

Bowser Troopa, Force Flex Poncho_Jr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tessu View Post
    "x/10" just looks better to me than /9, 8, 7, etc. I have a Shato 5/8, but that's the only broken weapon I'm willing to have. Generally I get them to 5 and if it breaks twice after that I stick with 5/x. If it doesn't break, I get a giddy feeling inside :3

Guess I'm not the only one who thinks that. But this one dude called me an elitist from thinking that. And believe me, I'm not even close to being one.

You know you wanna join.

Quote Originally Posted by Poncho_Jr View Post
    Guess I'm not the only one who thinks that. But this one dude called me an elitist from thinking that. And believe me, I'm not even close to being one.
    No way, it's not elitism. I mean, it's not like I look down on other people if they have a broken weapon. But when it comes to personal preference, I like the number 10.

Master of the obvious Dragon_Knight's Avatar

I only consider a weapon "broken" when its grind ability drops past 5. I've only ever had ONE weapon that got to 10 and very few past 5. So after a while of it I simply stopped grinding after 5, the gains afterwards usually don't justify the need to get it to +10 or at the very least past +6 as by the time you get to +5 or +6 the gains drop off significantly.

I grind S ranks to 6-8 i grind S ranks 4-6.

Because i only grind my S ranks 4-6, i purposely buy 4/4 5/5 and 6/6 weapons cuz thier so so cheap in price and its not hurting me
    So long Xbox servers! Hello JP PSU, Infinity, and PSO2!

JP PSU: Samus Aran lvl 180/20 GM

I don't really care if a weapon is broken. I also don't care if the weapon has a low percentage. Both of those things really aren't maximum output, to me its more like adding unnecessary power. Don't get me wrong, a nicely grinded weapon is cool and all but in the end if its a rare weapon that I want,then I wouldn't really care