Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Neutral Weapons, are they better than the wrong element?

I am trying to understand the reasoning for making neutral weapons. Unless there is a penalty for using the wrong element against a given monster, wouldn't it have the same power as a neutral weapon? And if that is the case why would you ever want a neutral?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Neutral weapons have no damage bonus, nor damage penalties, to any elemental enemies in the game. There's no difference between using a neutral weapon against a polty and using an ice weapon, but a thunder weapon will experience a damage reduction.

Thanks Zorafim, I think I'll stick with elemental weapons. Does the same hold true for armors?

Neutral photons generally offer a boost (about 8%, in my experience) to synth rates, so they're easy to make. Also, while they offer no advantage, they also offer no penalty, regardless of what you're fighting.

Go team ph4il! 02/07/2016

Yes what Zorafim said. Also since it doesn't get any elemental penalties then you can
    use that same weapon for any job and cut down on your gear by lots, so in some terms
    its more efficient because its an everyday weapon, not a "Oh its best on this mission weapon"

i'm so glad i read this thread! - i actually had this debate with a buddy yesterday - neither of us really knew the answer for sure - but, now i do!

thanks all

I would probably have a few neutral weapons if green photon didn't render so horribly, 5% light snowies, close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by HUnewearl_Meira View Post
    Neutral photons generally offer a boost (about 8%, in my experience) to synth rates, so they're easy to make. Also, while they offer no advantage, they also offer no penalty, regardless of what you're fighting.
    Other than the penalty of everyone laughing at you for using a neutral weapon, sure.

Because everyone knows that spending all your time and money trying to get high elemental % on everything is what the cool kids do.

Seriously, neutral weapons are a valid tactic.