Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I thinking of being a Fighgunner Only because i can use claws,swords, and double sabers all together. will someone get mad if i didnt use guns, i just dont like pistols

No, they won't. But you can use other ranged weapons you know.

Crossbows are awesome. Terrible to level, but totally worth it once you start shooting multiple bolts at once.

Machineguns hit fast. They keep enemies still and all, but the damage can really rack up. Just remember to bring a photon charge or two in case you're going to use it a lot, as even PP counts in the thousands can drain away kinda fast.

Shadoogs float over your shoulder and automatically shoot things. They shoot more at higher levels, and are useful indeed. IIRC they can spread SEs as well.

Slicers function like melee weapons, except they throw a curvy, piercing blade. that can do decent damage. Since they are right-handed weapons, you can attach a left-handed weapon to it.

I dont know if FiG is right for you if you do not like pistols. You might as well get the extra ATP and be a FF. I mean I have always used Dual Pistols, and right now with my AT buddy, lvl 4 buffs and mxed bullets, I can hit 1000 per bullet or 2000 per shot on Dulk Falz. I dont know about you but that kind of damage makes even FG wonder sometimes. I know FG hit more constently with their shots but I know they dont hit much harder than I do, maybe a Beast FG but that is pushing it as far as they can go. I guess I could start using a Hard Power or Solid Power to hit even harder.

I agree with the crossbow being awesome, lvl 3 status effect and 3 shots, and being able to hit on the move, that seems pretty awesome to me. Actually I have heard some FG actually prefer crossbows to shotguns. It is however a pain to lvl them.

I will say this about FiG it is the perfect class for me because I can solo any mission with guns, fighter weapons being my primary damage, and I get to equip ranger/gunner armor. What is not to like about this class other than the fact so many noobs flock to it to use the MGG.

I only decided to be a fiG only because it allows claws,swords,and doulbe sabers all together

Elitists will whine about Figh's not using guns but most people wont care, if there the 3 weapons you want to use then go for it
    The tenora A ranks of claws and longwords are just as good as the s-ranks too so you won't be missing out on that front.

As for wartecher questions.
    The only knuckle skill I use on my wartecher is Bogga Zubba (I'd probably use more if I had the pa space). Its situational but if you can get away with it, its one of wartecher's strongest skills. Also we don't have many skills that are good against large enemies so the few we have are kind of must haves. But it can wait its very situational for one of your first pa's.

I'd recommend picking up a single dagger when you get a chance. Buten Shuren-zan (and hikai shuuha-zan when you get access to frags) are good generic moves that will do reasonably well against just about any enemy you come across.

If you want to go PT wait until level 50. Until then go either FF FG or WT and work on your PA's. This way you will be at an advantage when you swtich. Trying protranser before 50 is EXTREMELY hard. Also, if you try the class keep in mind that your stats are unbearably low until class level 6, and don't even get "good" until lv 12.

If you go PT immediatly, (keep in mind I don't know your character level), be prepared to spend a very large amount of money on EX traps. At low levels they are extremely powerful, but they can be very hard to afford. You could try bringing some reular or g traps along, but they really don't get much milage in the post -AOI world.

Thats coming from someone who absolutely hates depises and loathes fighgunner. Protranser is my main class, but I forced myself to play fighgunner until class lv 10 so I will have fighmaster unlocked when it comes out. FiG has very high damage, but no real crowd control (well, I guess you could count tornado dance).

Wartecher while a very cool class might be a bit hard for a cast due to low TP. If you play it it will be very melee oriented, and you'll probably want to concentrate on support techs. I haven't played the class enough to know though.
    Last edited by Kumlekar; Aug 9, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

I've played both a Fighgunner and a Protranser. Both are good choices, but people are exaggerating the difficulty of starting a Protranser at really early levels. I'm pretty sure my PT started before level 10 and I never had a problem. And no I didn't transfer money over, I was too broke in PSU at the time.