Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Don't knock the R-mags until you try them. You do realize that I do have everything else. Simultaneous output is a very fun thing to do, in this game. While something else looks nice, you aren't doing two things at once. Some R-mags are worse than others. I've yet to find a single S-class one that I'm satisfied with. That slow single shot stuff doesn't really do what I want them to do. If I run up on a Drua and use he quick Raising strike to damage them, there's no harm in also throwing a near guarranteed strong burn DoT on him, too. Just for kicks. Of course, I also play as a human with a Quick unit. (Normally for fast support casting as I'm often relegated as primary support without Acrotechers) I really sneered and scoffed at the crazy idea of why ST tried to promote R-mag use on a GT. I was like, "What?! I got Crossbows, mechguns, and the like!! That R-mag stuff isn't even compatible with my setup! I mean, our techs suck, out melee mostly sucks! Why would I even go that route??!"

Then ST said, "Let GTs get a significant TP boost and let them know level 30 attack techs are coming."

I opened my mind and gave it a whirl after the first Tech boost. (I remember how strong the combo was when I played the AT, and mobs just died like crazy to it). Figured, it would be a nice thing as I'm levelling more attack techs in anticipation of the up-coming GT attack tech-level boost.

Also, if you're deciding to utilize techs, nothing wrong with extra attacking while you cast. Not like they become your entire pallette. I experimented on certain Bullet resistant stuff, mainly.

So remember folks. There's a big difference of the idea of ONLY using weapons that you think are strongest in the situations and playstyle that you use; and those who use a broad range because they have a mix of playstyles and tactical roles for which they can utilize the variety with.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; Jul 19, 2008 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mururu The Guntecher View Post
    Wow i was looking at what a lot of you people put down for Guntecher and i'm not liking it at all.... why would you use a R-mag... when you can use something that might help like a Mac-gun or Card.... and don't use Duel pistols they are not a good weapon for GT use a Bow,Rifle,or shotgun.

Please do not use: R-mag or Duel handguns
    "To Each His Own." With as many people that play this game, there will be nearly as many playing styles.

Why use a R-Mag ? S-Rank R-Mags with Earth Element stun enemies quite frequently. Useful for getting clear of a pack of Grass Assassins, or those Drua Gohra in Tunnel Recapture S2. I've had three stunned at one time in Scarred Planet S. Makes for easy pickings with the melee weapon. You don't have to grind S and S2 missions for the 60 or 90 PA Frags to get the equivalent rifle or cannon bullets, either.

Dual Handguns are my mobile firepower, I can keep moving around and keep pounding things. Since all my twin handgun bullets are L30+, that's a lot of damage for the low cost. At L104, I'm averaging about 450 a hit, give or take, with a neutral element.

It all has to do with the way you play; Some people prefer using mostly single handed weapons (Cards, Mechguns, Crossbows) while others gravitate towards the two handed weapons (Rifles, Cannon, Twin Handguns, Shotguns, Bows). For me, it's the closest I can come to playing a character class from PSO I dearly loved - the RAmarl - which primarily used guns.

It all comes down to whether or not you're having fun. I most certainly am.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Kryslin View Post
    Dual Handguns are my mobile firepower, I can keep moving around and keep pounding things. Since all my twin handgun bullets are L30+, that's a lot of damage for the low cost. At L104, I'm averaging about 450 a hit, give or take, with a neutral element.
    This. That's for all the twin handgun haters out there. The bullets gain tremendous increases from level 21-31, both in atp % and elemental %. Twin handguns are my bread-and-butter weapon, when I don't need a wand handy or SE3+.

Rifles got a pretty wicked boost. Higher rate of fire vs bows, knock down at lv 31 and same high SE level.

I've been doing the absurd Beast GT for a while. I ran with:

Vanbrella
    Aikasoki/Heal Wand
    Phantom
    Pitoc/Wandrac(buffs)
    Tuma/Heal Wand
    Card Regas/Saber

Reserve Weaps:
    Dambarta/Nosdiga wand
    Thunder Cannon
    Twin Ruby Bullet(or Twin Tornado if I don't feel like dealing with the sound effects...Gawed they can be loud!)

Twin HG bullets are great with levels. Invest in em, you'll get rewarded. I stick Yak Zagenga on the Aikasoki, as it consumes PP like mad. That and I've managed to grind one up pretty well.

Funny enough, I have all the Twin Handgun elements way up there. Unless the enemy is bullet-resistant, I'm typically spitting out 650x2 damage (non-crit) on appropriate foes each time an attack is made. It's not super, but pretty nifty for distant mobile damage. Then again, these days with my weapon's load, I tend to leave the bullet saves behind and go straight for the Cati-Power now that my bullets last long enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Astarin View Post
    This. That's for all the twin handgun haters out there. The bullets gain tremendous increases from level 21-31, both in atp % and elemental %. Twin handguns are my bread-and-butter weapon, when I don't need a wand handy or SE3+.
    Even i agree, they are not as bad as people make it out to be.
    I prefer it over shotgun even on my FG actually.
    And no one canīt damned say "LOLool, noob" i have damned 5 Shotgun bullet at lv 40 so not bitching please.

Enemies dies fast it is, why not have fun at the same time killing at a decent rate instead?
    That way, you can have fun dodging things instead.

I love to dodge Olgohmons Barta attacks and Hive mages Foie just to prove them that mobility is key to survival.
    [PSO2] Darkante: Cast HU-44/RA-43/FI-42/GU-30
    Astral Storm: Newman F HU-35
    [PSP2:I]
    RB3 - Dark Knight "Ante" : Cast M Lv 200/ JLv Hu50/Ra50/F30/Va46
    RB3 - Crimson Sky: Beast F Lv 174/ JLv Hu34/Ra18/Fo1/Va50
    RB0 - Zone Dynamite: Beast M Lv 76/ JLv Hu0/Ra7/Fo0/Va0